Thank you for your interest in co-op. Please review the information below to learn more about the co-op program. If you would like additional information or would like to speak to a member of the co-op staff, please call the office at (704) 216-3648 or email Dottie Moore, email@example.com.
- Student must have completed 12 semester hour credits. (Credit requirement may vary depending on major.)
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 2.25. (GPA requirements may vary depending on major.)
- Student must be approved by co-op faculty coordinator or co-op director.
- If students are enrolled in co-op during fall or spring semester, then they must be registered for three semester hour credits in addition to co-op credits. The additional semester hour credits are not required during the summer term.
- Contact the co-op office for an appointment by phone at (704) 216-3648, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person on North Campus, room 1311 or South Campus, room 214.
- The fifteen minute appointment will include an eligibility check, application and assistance with resume (sample provided).
- Upon receipt of student’s resume, the co-op staff will locate an employer and schedule an interview.
- Then the co-op staff will register the student.
- Then work begins.
If you currently have a job related to your major, you may qualify for the co-op program earning credit hours toward your program of study without having to attend a class. This concept is ideal for working students and can replace an elective in many programs.