Rowan-Cabarrus Community College offers free programs for the unemployed or under-employed
KANNAPOLIS, N.C. — The R3 Center is offering numerous career development workshops and resume clinics in November for adults in Rowan and Cabarrus counties. All of the programs are provided free-of-charge.
Located at 200 West Ave., in Kannapolis, the R3 Center is a career development center established by Rowan-Cabarrus Community College to assist displaced workers, those who are unemployed or under-employed.
The center’s mission is built on three Rs – a refocus on individual skills and interests, retraining and further education, and partnering with other workforce development agencies to secure career-oriented re-employment.
The center’s November schedule of workshops includes the following sessions. Due to the popularity of its free sessions, the R3 Center strongly encourages clients to call in advance to reserve a place (704-216-7201).
- New Client Launch – 9 a.m. on Nov. 2, 4, 14, 16, 18, 28, and 30, and 6 p.m. on Nov. 1, 14, 15, 28, and 29. New Client Launch is an orientation workshop for persons who have never attended an R3 Center activity.
- Identifying Your Career Options – 9 a.m. on Nov. 7;
- Interview Techniques – 9 a.m. on Nov. 21, and 6 p.m. on Nov. 8;
- It’s Not Who You Know; It’s Who You Meet – 9 a.m. on Nov. 9;
- Stand Out from the Competition –6 p.m. on Nov. 7 and 21;
- Looking for Work at 50+ – 6 p.m. on Nov. 22;
- Looking for Work with a Criminal Record – 9 a.m. on Nov. 10;
- Letter Writing for the Job Seeker – 11 a.m. on Nov. 22;
- Online Job Hunting – 9 a.m. on Nov. 8.
The R3 Center also will offer multiple resume clinics to help job searchers improve their current resume or create a new one from start to finish. Please call to reserve a seat. The resume clinics are scheduled for:
- 9 a.m. on Nov. 19 and 22; and
- 2 p.m. on Nov. 3 and 10.
The center’s featured workshop of the month will be “Meet the Employers”. This workshop will feature a panel of employers and workforce professionals who will answer your questions and relay important advice to assist you in your work search. Please call to reserve your seat! This workshop is scheduled for 9 a.m. on Nov. 15.
The R3 Center helps adult workers assess their skills, aptitudes, training and academic credentials, and future career interests to develop an action plan for career growth. All R3 Center services are provided free-of-charge. The center’s normal office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
The R3 Center partners with other workforce development agencies, including the Centralina Workforce Development Board, JobLink Career Centers of Cabarrus and Rowan counties, N.C. Employment Security Commission, and other area community colleges.
For more information about the R3 Center and its services and programs, please call 704-216-7201, or visit the center’s website at www.rccc.edu/r3center/.