- Prior to enrollment, each candidate must be sponsored or employed by a North Carolina Public Law Enforcement Agency and maintain that sponsorship or employment throughout the course.
- Prior to enrollment, each candidate must meet minimum standards for employment as established by the N.C. Criminal Justice Education Training and Standards Commission and/or the N.C. Sheriff’s Education Training and Standards Commission as outlined in the North Carolina Administrative Code.
- Prior to enrollment, each candidate must provide true and accurate information concerning his or her criminal background. Any information provided by the candidate that is determined to be false or inaccurate will be grounds to deny entry/drop enrollment or invoke sanctions under RCCC Student Behavior Standards and Sanctions.
- Prior to enrollment, each candidate must provide the school director with a criminal records check from the clerk of courts office in each county and state of residence since the student became sixteen (16) years of age. This also applies to all times in which the candidate served in the U.S. Military Service. (See steps to enrollment article for further information.)
- Prior to enrollment, each Candidate must score 77 or higher on the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College COMPASS reading test. The COMPASS reading test must be taken within one (1) year preceding the candidates anticipated date of enrollment into basic law enforcement training.
- Each candidate must be twenty (20) years of age as of the (first) day of class.
- Prior to enrollment, each candidate must provide the basic law enforcement training school director current medical examination report forms F-1 & F-2; RCCC Exposure to Tear Gas, Mace, and Pepper Mace Release Form; and RCCC Medical Questionnaire and Release Form properly completed by a physician licensed to practice medicine in North Carolina. Satisfactory health documented by physician is mandatory for acceptance into the program. (See steps to enrollment article for further information.)
- Prior to enrollment, each candidate must provide the basic law enforcement training school director with evidence if the student has ever been charged or convicted of any crimes civilian or military.
- Prior to enrollment, each candidate must be a high school graduate or have passed the general education development (GED) test. (Correspondence diplomas are not accepted.) High school certificates are not accepted. Diplomas reflecting the person has accomplished some, but not all graduation requirements are not sufficient to satisfy this requirement.
- Prior to enrollment, possess a valid Driver License
- Prior to enrollment, be a citizen of the United States.
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College has increased the hours in some topical areas of basic law enforcement training course above the minimum required by the North Carolina Criminal Justice Education Training and Standards Division.
Admission requirements are subject to change.
Prospective candidates shall follow the eight (8) step enrollment process.