Rowan-Cabarrus Community College considers academic and career advising essential to student success. The goal of the Academic and Career Advising (ACA) Center is to assist and support students in exploring their educational goals, learning about academic requirements, and progressing toward degree completion. As a new or returning student, it’s important to build a relationship with an academic advisor. An advisor can help you create an academic plan by helping you select appropriate courses and create a class schedule for fall, spring, or summer semesters. An advisor can help you achieve your academic goals.
Advisors can assist you in the following ways.
- Educational transactions (schedules, drop/adds, withdrawals, change of major, waivers, graduation requirements, etc.)
- Clarify instructional policies, procedures and requirements
- Provide general information on special services including academic remediation, admission, placement testing, courses of study and registration
- Explain course transfer differences between institutions
- Interpret placement test scores and recommend appropriate classes
- Plan a path to academic success
Want to learn more? If yes, meeting with an advisor can be simple.
Meeting with an Advisor
Academic and Career Advisors are available to meet with you throughout the year – not just at registration time. Currently, we meet with students on a walk in basis, there is no need to schedule an appointment.
Most importantly, to assist our new students with their transition to college we have developed our Goals, Planning and Success (GPS) session.
Be prepared BEFORE you visit.
- Write down any question you may have.
- If you have taken a placement test and this is your first semester please have your test scores with you.
- Read your college catalog. Be familiar with the courses and requirements for your degree.
- North Campus - 100 Building
1333 Jake Alexander Blvd. South
Salisbury, NC 28146
- South Campus – 1000 Building
1531 Trinity Church Road
Concord, NC 28027
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Need more information? Contact the ACA Center at ACA@rccc.edu.