Reporting & Request Forms
Office of Civility
Title IX - Sexual Misconduct
Confidential Sources & Supports
What are Confidential Sources or Confidential Supports?
Deciding whether or when to report sexual misconduct is a personal decision – one that may evolve over time. Should an individual wish the details of an experience be kept confidential as they seek information related to the reporting and investigative process; interim protection strategies; or counseling or medical support; please speak with the those designed by the College as Confidential Resources.
Confidential Resources are available as a support for those seeking help and support; however, they are not to report Sexual Misconduct (such as sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence or stalking) to the Title IX Coordinator.
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College identities Student Advocacy Services staff as Confidential Resources along with a number of community agencies.
Students on-campus may request to speak with a student advocacy staff member through the Navigation Station on either North or South Campus.
Recognized Community Confidential Resources
- Rowan-Cabarrus Student Support Program 1-800-633-3353
- Rowan-Cabarrus Employee Assistance Program 1-800-633-3353
- Family Crisis Center – Rowan County 704-636-4718
- Esther house – Cabarrus County 704-961-7502
- Cabarrus Victims Assistance Network (CVAN) 704-788-2826
- National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline 1-800-656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233