Thank you for your interest in the work based learning program at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
At RCCC, work based learning starts at the beginning of each semester. After the employer provides a job description (please email to Dottie Moore (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-216-3648)), head hunting begins and resumes are sent to the employer. Work Based Learning staff are happy to assist in scheduling convenient interview dates and times. After the student is chosen or during the interview, a start date and work schedule can be discussed.
The student will be given a workbook and it is the student’s responsibility to request signatures on monthly time sheets and other documents. The work based learning faculty coordinator will make one or two brief, scheduled visits. The supervisor does not need to remember dates, times or other such information; that is the responsibility of the student.
- Facilitates recruitment and training through regularly available skilled and semi-skilled students.
- Provides an excellent source of temporary and potential permanent employees.
- Releases regular personnel from routine tasks.
- Offers an opportunity to pre-train employees in company policies and practices.
- Creates closer ties between the business world and the education community.