Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) Scholarship
Earn up to $750 credit towards workforce training programs for a better career.
In 2020, North Carolina saw some large unemployment rates. Many North Carolinians have been laid off from service sector jobs and may want to move to more stable, better paying careers. The Governor’s Emergency Education Relief (GEER) scholarship helps community college students impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. As a continuing education student in a high-demand workforce training program that will lead to a state or industry-recognized credential, you may be eligible for a GEER scholarship.
The GEER continuing education scholarship awards up to $750 or the cost of the program, whichever is more. The scholarship can help cover the cost of:
- tuition & fees
- books & supplies
- credentialing tests
- child care
- other costs of attendance
- North Carolina resident.
- Currently enrolled or able to enroll in an eligible continuing education program or course:
- at least 96 credit hours,
- leads to a state or industry-recognized credential.
- Detention Officer Certification
- Protective Services Professional Phase I (series)
- Protective Services Professional Phase II (series)