Professional counseling services are provided to students, prospective students, and the entire college community in the areas of personal, academic and career counseling. The staff is comprised of trained counselors who are qualified to help individuals assess and understand their personal issues, abilities, aptitudes, interests, and other characteristics. Counseling services are confidential and are focused to promote the growth and success of the individual.
The counseling program is an integral part of the teaching and learning process. Counseling services are provided through the comprehensive work of the Student Services office and are available on both campuses day and evening.
- Personal issues such as relationship concerns, depression, anxiety
- Time management and stress management techniques
- Relationship concerns with faculty, staff and students
- Social skills development
- Conflict and confrontation resolution
- Referral and information services
- Academic Counseling
- Career counseling
- Decision-making skills
- Crisis intervention
- Financial challenges
- Classroom activities
- Test anxiety
- Disability Services
Accessing Counseling at RCCC
- Make an appointment in person at the Student Services reception area at either campus.
- Call 704-216-RCCC (7222) and ask to speak to a career, disability or personal counselor at the campus nearest you.
- Faculty can facilitate access to services by bringing a student to the reception area or by assisting in placing the call or providing the necessary information.
- Referrals: Counselors maintain comprehensive referral resource information. Examples include: Mental Health Services (Rowan Co. 704-637-9301), or (Cabarrus Co. 704-788-1130); Family Crisis Council (Rowan Co. 704-636-4718); Victims Assistance (Cabarrus Co. 704-788-2826); and many others.
- Counselors are available for appointments and emergencies on:
- North & South campuses: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Mon. – Thur.; 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Friday
- CBTC: 9:00 a.m. -4:00 p.m. Mon.; 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Tues; 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Thur.
- West Avenue Center: 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Wednesday.
- All counseling services are confidential.