Distance Education

Out-of-State Agency Directory

Each state has their own process and procedures for student complaints. If you are attending Rowan-Cabarrus from a location outside of North Carolina and have complaint that has not been resolved, you may contact the student complaint office for your state. For easier navigation the the states have been divided alphabetically.

If you are attending from a US Territory, please email de@rccc.edu and we’ll assist you in locating the appropriate complaint contact.

States A-K

Alabama Commission on Higher Education
Phone: (334) 242-2211
Alabama NC-SARA Complaint Form

Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
Phone: (800) 441-2962
Alaska Consumer Protection and Student Complaints

Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
Phone: (602) 542-5709
Arizona Student Complaint Procedure

Arkansas Department of Higher Education
Phone: (501) 371-2000
Arkansas Student Grievance Form

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Phone: (888) 370-7589
BPPE Complaint Form

Colorado Department of Higher Education
Phone: (303) 862-3001
Colorado Complaint Procedures

Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education
Phone: (860) 723-0000
Connecticut Student Complaint Process

Delaware Department of Education
Phone: (302) 735-4000
Delaware Student Concern Procedure

Florida Department of Education
Phone: (850) 245-0505
Florida College Complaint Procedure Information

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
Phone: (770) 414-3300
Georgia Student Complaint Form

Hawaii Post-secondary Education Authorization Program
Phone: (808) 586-7327
Hawaii SARA Complaint Process

Idaho Board of Education
Phone: (208) 334-2270
Idaho Student Complaint Procedure

Illinois Board of Higher Education
Phone: (217) 782-2551
Illinois Register an Institutional Complaint

Indiana Commission on Proprietary Education
Phone: (800) 457-8283
Indiana Student Complaint Procedure

Iowa College Aid
Phone: (515) 725-3400
Iowa Student Complaint Procedure

Kansas Board of Regents
Phone: (785) 430-4240
Kansas State University Student Complaint Form

Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
Phone: (502) 573-1555
Kentucky Consumer Complaint Procedure

States L-N

Louisiana Board of Regents
Phone: (800) 351-4889
Louisiana Student Complaint Process

Maine Department of Education
Phone: (207) 624-6600
Maine Resolution Steps for Complaints

Maryland Higher Education Commission
Phone: (410) 767-3300
Maryland Student Complaint Process

Massachusetts Board of Higher Education
Phone: (617) 994-6950
Massachusetts Student Complaint Procedure

Michigan Department of Energy, Labor & Economic Growth
Phone: (517) 335-5858
Postsecondary Schools Consumer Information

Minnesota Office of Higher Education
Phone: (800) 657-3866
Minnesota Consumer Information

Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
Phone: (601) 432-6372
Mississippi Student Complaint Process

Missouri Department of Higher Education
Phone: (573) 751-2361
Missouri Policy on Complaint Resolution

Montana University System, Montana Board of Regents
Phone: (406) 449-9124
Montana Complaint Process

Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
Phone: (402) 471-2847
Nebraska Student Complaint Process

Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
Phone: (702) 486-7330
Nevada SARA Complaint Procedure

New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission
Phone: (603) 271-4196
New Hampshire Bureau of Educator Preparation and Higher Education

New Jersey Commission on Higher Education
Phone: (609) 292-4310
New Jersey Filing Complaints

New Mexico Higher Education Department
Phone: (505) 476-8411
New Mexico Student Complaint Procedure

New York State Education Department
Phone: (518) 474-3852
New York Filing a Complaint About a College or University

State Authorization Unit of the University of North Carolina System Office
Phone: (919) 962-4550
North Carolina Post-Secondary Complaints

North Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education
Phone: (701) 328-3180
North Dakota Complaint Procedure

States O-W

Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
Phone: (877) 275-4219
Ohio Filing a Complaint

Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Phone: (405) 225-9100
Oklahoma Student Complaint Procedure

Oregon Department of Education – Private and Career Schools
Phone: (503) 947-5600
Oregon Student Complaint Procedure

Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Program Services
Phone: (717) 783.8228
Pennsylvania Student Complaint Procedure

Puerto Rico Council on Higher Education
Phone: (787) 641-7100
Student Grievance Procedure

Rhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education
Phone: (401) 736-1100
Rhode Island Student Complaint Procedure

South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
Phone: (803) 737-2260
South Caroline Student Complaint Procedure and Form

South Dakota Board of Regents
Phone: (605) 773-3455
South Dakota SARA Complaint Procedures

Tennessee Higher Education Commission
Phone: (615) 741-3605
Tennessee Request for Complaint Review

Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Phone: (512) 427-6101
Texas Student Complaint Process

Utah Systems of Higher Education
Phone: (800) 418-8757
Utah SARA Complaint Form

Vermont State Board of Education
Phone: (802) 828-1130
Vermont Complaint Resolution of Post-Secondary Schools

Virginia State Council of Higher Education
Phone: (804) 225-2600
Virginia Student Complaint Procedure

Washington Student Achievement Panel
Phone: (360) 753-7800
Washington Student Complaint Procedure

Washington DC – Higher Education Licensure Commission
Phone: (202) 727-6436
DC Public Complaints Procedure

West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
Phone: (304) 558-2101
West Virginia Student Complaint Process

Wisconsin Educational Approval Program
Phone: (877) 617-1565
Wisconsin Student Complaint Procedure

Wyoming Department of Education
Phone: (307) 777-7675
Wyoming Student Complaint Form