Institutional Research & Effectiveness
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Strategic Plan 2015-2018
Rowan-Cabarrus Statement of Purpose
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is an open-door, comprehensive learning-centered institution of higher education serving the citizens of Rowan and Cabarrus counties. The college, a member of the North Carolina Community College System, offers affordable occupational and education programs leading to Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in General Education Degree, and Associate in Applied Science Degrees. Diplomas and certificates are awarded for other occupational, adult and continuing education programs. The primary focus of the college’s offerings is on workforce development by meeting the educational needs of the individual and meeting the changing training requirements of business and industrial firms as well as other employers in the service area. Reflecting its commitment to student learning outcomes, the college strives to inspire its students to increase their knowledge, develop occupational and technical proficiencies, respond to lifelong learning opportunities, and increase their awareness as responsible citizens in a democratic society.
Rowan-Cabarrus improves lives and builds community through public higher education and workforce development.
Building sustainable futures through the power of learning.
We are committed to our college and our community through our values:
- Excellence and innovation in education and workforce training;
- Continuous improvement through lifelong learning and achievement;
- Trust, integrity, inclusiveness, and mutual respect;
- Exemplary service through team work;
- Responsibility, sustainability, accountability;
- Leadership, partnership and global citizenship.
Prepare students for careers and opportunities that stimulate sustainable economic and workforce development.
- Identify and respond to regional market needs with focused career education and training programs built for existing and emergent careers.
- Improve accessibility and eliminate barriers to student success.
- Provide learning options that lead to certifications, diplomas, and degrees by participating in the American Association of Community Colleges’ (AACC) National Completion Agenda.
- Accelerate degree completion by leveraging prior learning assessment.
- Lead local and regional Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics (STEAM) initiatives.
Foster a culture of learning that inspires academic excellence and promotes student success.
- Deliver innovative, technology-enabled and high quality instruction.
- Enhance learning outcomes by developing expertise in effective teaching practices, curriculum pathway design, instructional technologies, learning assessment and student development.
- Reaffirm accreditations from SACSCOC and other accrediting bodies through successful completion of required self-study, Quality Enhancement Plan, and other accrediting agency requirements.
- Continuously improve programs and services through focused, systematic and ongoing unit reviews and annual planning.
- Improve achievement on Performance Measures established by the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS).
- Continuously improve completion rates.
Provide excellent service to current and prospective students, colleagues, businesses, industries, and the community.
- Enhance access to academic support, technology and financial services for students.
- Engage students in planning and developing their educational goals and career pathways, including co-curricular experiences.
- Foster a culture of inquiry, improving the use of data and technologies to strengthen service.
Acquire, develop, and manage human, fiscal, and physical resources essential to the development and delivery of technology-enriched, high value education and service.
- Plan and optimize resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Secure public and private funding in support of the college’s mission.
- Provide facilities that are safe, welcoming, sustainable, and flexible to support the college’s mission.
- Be the employer of choice.
- Build an inclusive, performance-based culture aligned with core values.
- Strategically support leadership and professional development opportunities.
Serve as a catalyst for advancing the region.
- Build, cultivate, and maintain excellent relationships locally and state-wide with leaders and innovators to increase support and influence practices and regulations affecting community colleges.
- Expand the region’s workforce by attracting, retaining, and developing high quality talent.
- Partner with employers to establish seamless transitions between education and work.
- Collaborate with economic development partners to promote entrepreneurial opportunities and job growth within the region.
- Expand the college role as a community partner in developing citizens who work to improve the quality of life.