Grow Your Own Mushrooms
March 21 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The demand for fresh shiitake and oyster mushrooms has grown rapidly with the meaty shiitake now the second most popular mushroom in the world. Whether you are interested in growing mushrooms for their exceptional taste, their nutritious value, or their commercial potential, this class will get you started.
Learn what tools and wood you will need; how to prepare, inoculate, seal and store the logs; when to harvest and how to store or preserve the resulting mushroom crops. Each participant will inoculate and take home their log.
- Classes held at Elma C. Lomax Incubator Farm
- $40 total fee
- Supplies are included in the fees.
- For more info, contact Sherie Neely at 704-216-3545.
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Continuing Education”
- Select “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.
- To search for your class, type “MUSHROOM” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class for which you wish to register and hit “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #99035).
Firm registration deadline: March 16, 2020 at 5 p.m.
2001829 – Goforth