- This event has passed.
Grow Your Own Shiitake Mushrooms
March 16, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The demand for fresh shiitake mushrooms has grown rapidly. In fact, the meaty shiitake is now the second most popular mushroom in the world. Whether you are interested in growing mushrooms for an exceptional taste, nutritional value, or the commercial potential, this class will get you started.
Learn what tools and wood you will need; how to prepare, inoculate, seal and store the logs; when to harvest and how to store or preserve the resulting mushroom crops. Each participant will inoculate and take home a log; supplies are included in the registration fee.
- Classes held at Elma C. Lomax Incubator Farm
- $40 total fee
- For more info, contact Sherie Neely at 704-216-3545.
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Continuing Education” (If you have been a student at RCCC previously, click at the top of the page where indicated to update your current information).
- Select “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for your class, type “MUSHROOM” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class for which you wish to register and hit “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #92692).
1901547 – Goforth