- This event has passed.
Herbal Harvest: Growing, Harvesting, & Storing Your Own Herbs
May 8, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
New Dates: 5/8/2019 – 5/11/2019
Whether for culinary, landscaping or specific health purposes, growing herbs is a rewarding pastime and can be enjoyed almost anywhere – from a windowsill to a patio container to garden plot! Come join us in an exploration of which herbs to choose, how to start plants by seed and/or transplant, and when and how to harvest and put up your bounty.
On Wednesday, we will delve into classroom based learning, and on Saturday, we will enjoy hands-on demonstrations and an “herb walk” about the farm for a little wildcrafting of native herbs! This class will be completed just in time for the Cabarrus County Master Gardener’s Herb Festival which will be held on April 13th this year!
- Classes held at Elma C. Lomax Incubator Farm
- Classes meets Wednesday, May 8, from 6:00-8:30pm & Saturday, May 11, from 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Registration fee – $49 (Supplies included)
- For more information, please contact Sherie Neely.
- Required text: Your Backyard Herb Garden: A Gardener’s Guide to Growing, Using and Enjoying Herbs Organically by Miranda Smith. (ISBN-13: 978-0875969947)
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Navigate to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Continuing Education.” (If you have been a student at RCCC previously, click at the top of the page where indicated to update your current information).
- Select “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for your class, type “HERBAL” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class and select “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #92693).
1901546 – MacDougall-Fleming