Home Scale Sustainable Vegetable Production
February 11 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Want to get more food from your backyard garden? Join David Goforth for beginning level instruction on gardening with emphasis on sustainability. Class room topics include selecting and planting vegetables, soil management, composting, controlling pests, garden management, harvest and post-harvest management, and home fruit production. Students will have a volunteer opportunity to garden with the instructor every Saturday morning. All vegetables produced during this internship will go to charity.
Instructor, David Goforth, has been a life-long farmer. He attended North Carolina State University to earn his BS and Master of Horticultural Science and in addition to managing his own farm, he has spent his career educating our community about local agriculture through his work as a teacher, extension agent and horticulture consultant for local farms.
- Class will meet on Tuesdays, from February 11 to April 7, 2020
- Classes held at Cabarrus Business and Technology Center, room 9131
- $70.00 total fee
- Supplies are included in the fees.
- For more info, contact Sherie Neely at 704-216-3545.
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Continuing Education”
- Select “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for your class, type “MUSHROOM” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class for which you wish to register and hit “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #98646).
2001807 – Goforth