- This event has passed.
Introduction to Tai Chi
October 9 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
10/9/2019 – 11/13/2019
Learn the Art of Tai Chi movement principles and how to incorporate them into the body. Tai Chi is a Chinese martial art that employs slow intentional movements, coordinated with breathing and imagery, to strengthen and relax the physical body and mind. It enhances and balances the flow of internal energy ( qi), resulting in improved health, personal development, and self-defense. Not just for the fit and able-bodied, Tai Chi is also famous for its healing applications. In this course, you will learn 7 postures of the Cheng Man Ching Tai Chi Chuan form and be introduced to its 25 basic principles. You will gain a basic understanding of balance as it pertains to Tai Chi Chuan in relation to the practice of the form and use in daily life. By the end of this course you will be able to more effectively feel and modify the amount of your tension, relaxation, stress, and/or calmness.
- This class meets Wednesdays from 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Classes are held on South Campus in Concord in Building 2000, Room 2217
- $49 registration fee
- For more information, please contact Sherie Neely
Textbook: No textbook is required, although a recommended helpful resource is T’ai Chi: The “Supreme Ultimate” Exercise for Health, Sport, and Self-Defense written by Cheng Man-Ch’ing, and Robert W. Smith/ Published by: TUTTLE
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Navigate to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Continuing Education” (If you have been a student at RCCC previously, click at the top of the page where indicated to update your current information).
- Select “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for your class, type “TAI” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class and select “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #97162).
1901598 – Hyde