- This event has passed.
Leaves Make Great Tomatoes: Home Composting
October 3, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
If there is such a thing as a magic substance, compost is that thing. It loosens clay soil, builds up sandy soils, helps soils drain better or helps soils hold more moisture. And, if you’re growing tomatoes, it just can’t be beat! We’ll cover how composting works, what kinds of bins to use and how to add compost to your garden.
We will be working on the farm, so please dress appropriately. That includes dressing for the weather and wearing closed toed shoes. This is a hands on class, so be prepared to spend most of the time in the field. A water bottle and gloves are also recommended.
- Class meets at Lomax Incubator Farm on Wednesday, October 3, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- $25 registration fee
- #90807 CANCELLED
- For more info, contact Sherie Neely at 704-216-3545.
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Continuing Education”
- Select “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for your class, type “TOMATOES” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class for which you wish to register and hit “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #).