- This event has passed.
Sustainable Agriculture 101: Planning, Prep and Planting
March 22, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Begin your journey in vegetable production at Lomax Incubator Farm for the first of a series of courses. Sustainable Agriculture 101 will coincide with Spring planning and timing of vegetables through seeding, transplanting and crop rotation. You will learn about grafting, pollinating, irrigation, soil management and more. Featured crops: Peas, Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, Arugula, Kale, Cabbage, Chard, Cilantro, Dill, Parsley, Carrots, Beets, Radishes, Turnips, Potatoes, Garlic and Strawberries.
- Classes held at Elma C. Lomax Incubator Farm
- Thursdays, March 22 – May 10 from 6-9 p.m.
- $72.43 total fee
- For more info, contact Sherie Neely at 704-216-3545.
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Click “Students,” then “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for your class, type “AGRICULTURE” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class for which you wish to register and hit “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #88940).