- This event has passed.
Sustainable Agriculture 104: Tools, Tips and Tricks of the Trade
September 27, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
In Sustainable Agriculture 104, you will learn about fall field preparations and placement including solar access, wind patterns and water movement. We will also study plastic culture and season extension utilizing high, low and caterpillar tunnels, in addition to useful application, maintenance and safe use of tractors and other farm equipment. Featured Crops: Green Beans, Okra, Tomatoes, Peppers, Zucchini, Flowers, Sweet Potatoes, Winter Squash, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Lettuce, Spinach, Arugula, Kale, Collards, Cabbage, Carrots, Beets, Radishes, Turnips, Garlic and Strawberries.
- Classes held at Elma C. Lomax Incubator Farm
- Thursdays, September 27 through November 15 from 6-9 p.m.
- $72.43 total fee
- For more info, contact Sherie Neely at 704-216-3545.
- Online registration and payment is available.
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Select “Continuing Education”
- Select “Search, Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- To search for your class, type “AGRICULTURE” as a Key Word.
- Check the box to select the class for which you wish to register and hit “Submit.”
- Enter your information and follow instructions to register and pay.
- Call 704-216-7222 to register over the phone (mention #88945).