We will regularly update our list of exhibition and performance opportunities for students. Keep checking in…
2015 Impulse Official Exhibition Guidelines
Exhibition Dates: Friday April 24th, 2015 -Friday, May 1, 2015
Opening Reception: Friday, April 24th, 2015 | 5 – 8 p.m.
Eligibility: Any current Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students are eligible.
The exhibition is sponsored by the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Foundation and is in partnership with ClearWater Artists Studios.
Location: ClearWater Artist Studios & Gallery – 223 Crowell Drive NW Concord, NC 28025
All submitted work must follow the presentation guidelines below. Any artwork that does not follow presentation guidelines will not be exhibited. NO exceptions.
- Eligibility: Any current Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students are eligible.
- Selection of Work: Students may submit up to four (4) pieces of artwork for consideration.
- Exhibition Dates: Selected artworks will be exhibited at ClearWater Artists Studios for the entire time (April 23, 2015-May 1, 2015). Students must agree to exhibit their work for the entire duration.
- Fee: There is no entry fee
- Selling Artwork: Participants may sell their work without a commission (sales will be made directly between student and buyer)
- Notification: If one of your pieces is not exhibited an art faculty member will contact you to arrange pick-up.
- Delivery of Artwork: Artworks must be delivered by the student on Thursday, April 23, 2015 between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to ClearWater Artists Studios.
- Pick-up of Artwork: Exhibited works must be picked up by the student on Friday, May 1 between 10:00 AM -3:00 PM . Works not picked up become property of Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
Liability: Participants submit work at their own risk. Artwork is not insured for damage or theft during drop-off, exhibition, or pick-up. Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and ClearWater Artists Studios are not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or compromised artwork.
- All submitted work must have been created by the artist after August 1, 2014
- Submitted work cannot have been previously exhibited
- All fine art and graphic design mediums are encouraged (including performance, video, etc.)
- There is no size requirement, however space is limited in the gallery
- All 2-D work must be prepared to hang with taut wire
- Wire must be attached with screws; no glued or taped wires
- No sawtooth hangers
- Each artwork must have an index card secured to the back or bottom of the piece that has the artist’s name, phone number, title, medium, and cost of the work
All 2-D work must be framed using simple, professional white or black frames. Frames must be wooden, metal or plastic.
- Canvases may be unframed if they are gallery wrapped and the sides are painted
- Canvases must not have exposed staples on the sides. Such canvases should be framed.
- 3-D work must be able to sit solidly on the floor or on a stand
- 3-D work must be accompanied by appropriate stands / plinths
- 4-D work should be submitted with an explanation of how it will be exhibited.
Email Entry Form: Student’s must email the entry/waiver form (see below) by Thursday, April 23 | 8:00 a.m.
Drop-Off Artwork at ClearWater Artists Studios (Concord) – Thursday, April 23 | 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
It is the student’s responsibility to deliver their art submissions & (entry/waiver form) paperwork to: ClearWater Artist Studios & Gallery 223 Crowell Drive NW Concord, NC 28025
Opening Reception- Friday, April 24 | 5 – 8 p.m.
Free and open to the public! Refreshments Served! Plan to attend!
Exhibition open to the public - April, 24 – May 1, 2015
Gallery Hours: Tuesday 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.; Wednesday 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Thursday 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Friday 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. Closed Saturday & Sunday; Admission is FREE
Student Pick-up – Friday, May 1, 2015 | 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Students pick-up artwork from the place of submission. Full-time Faculty members must be present to de-install work.
Entry Form: Impulse Exhibition (2015)
Deadline: for this entry/waiver form is Thursday, April 23rd at 8:00 AM
Email to Jenn Selby with the subject Impulse Entry/Waiver FormJenn Selby (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-216-3820)
Entry and Waiver Form | Impulse 2015
student’s must fill in the following information
Price: (write NFS – not for sale if you don’t want to sale
This email submission also serves as the agreement to exhibit my artwork(s) in the 2015 student Impulse Exhibition. I have read and agree to all rules, regulations, and guidelines. I realize that submitted artwork is not insured and that The ClearWater Artist Studios/Gallery/Staff/Artists, The City of Concord, Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, or any other party cannot be held liable for damage, theft, or otherwise compromised artwork during drop-off, exhibition, and pick-up periods. Artwork that is submitted for exhibition may be photographed by the College or by ClearWater Artist Studios/Gallery/Staff/Artists. Images may be used for marketing or publications purposes, in print and/or on the internet by the College, ClearWater, and/or the City of Concord. Every effort will be made to credit the artist when possible. (Copy this text into the email and initial below it).