We will regularly update our list of exhibition and performance opportunities for students. Keep checking in…
2015 Impulse Official Exhibition Guidelines
Exhibition Dates: Friday April 24th, 2015 -Friday, May 1, 2015
Opening Reception: Friday, April 24th, 2015 | 5 – 8 p.m.
Eligibility: Any current Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students are eligible.
The exhibition is sponsored by the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Foundation and Rowan Arts Council, and is in partnership with ClearWater Artists Studios.
Location: ClearWater Artist Studios & Gallery – 223 Crowell Drive NW Concord, NC 28025
All submitted work must follow the presentation guidelines below. Any artwork that does not follow presentation guidelines will not be exhibited. NO exceptions.
- Eligibility: Any current Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students are eligible.
- Selection of Work: Students may submit up to four (4) pieces of artwork for consideration.
- Exhibition Dates: Selected artworks will be exhibited at ClearWater Artists Studios for the entire time (April 23, 2015-May 1, 2015). Students must agree to exhibit their work for the entire duration.
- Fee: There is no entry fee
- Selling Artwork: Participants may sell their work without a commission (sales will be made directly between student and buyer)
- Submission Deadline: The Entry Form must be submitted by April 20, 2015 (link here). Submission information listed below. Incomplete or late submissions will not be eligible for consideration.
- Notification: If one of your pieces is not exhibited an art faculty member will contact you to arrange pick-up.
- Delivery of Artwork: Artworks must be delivered by the student on Thursday, April 23, 2015 between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to ClearWater Artists Studios.
- Pick-up of Artwork: Exhibited works must be picked up by the student by Friday, May 1.
Liability: Participants submit work at their own risk. Artwork is not insured for damage or theft during drop-off, exhibition, or pick-up. Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and ClearWater Artists Studios are not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or compromised artwork.
- All submitted work must have been created by the artist after August 1, 2014
- Submitted work cannot have been previously exhibited
- All fine art and graphic design mediums are encouraged (including performance, video, etc.)
- There is no size requirement, however space is limited in the gallery
- All 2-D work must be prepared to hang with taut wire
- Wire must be attached with screws; no glued or taped wires
- No sawtooth hangers
- Each artwork must have an index card secured to the back or bottom of the piece that has the artist’s name, phone number, title, medium, and cost of the work
All 2-D work must be framed using simple, professional white or black frames. Frames must be wooden or metal. No plastic frames.
- Canvases may be unframed if they are gallery wrapped and the sides are painted
- Canvases must not have exposed staples on the sides. Such canvases should be framed.
- 3-D work must be able to sit solidly on the floor or on a stand
- 3-D work must be accompanied by appropriate stands / plinths
- 4-D work should be submitted with an explanation of how it will be exhibited.
Drop-Off Artwork at ClearWater Artists Studios (Concord) – Thursday, April 23 | 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
It is the student’s responsibility to deliver their art submissions & (online form) paperwork to: ClearWater Artist Studios & Gallery 223 Crowell Drive NW Concord, NC 28025
Opening Reception- Friday, April 24 | 5 – 8 p.m.
Free and open to the public! Refreshments Served! Plan to attend!
Exhibition open to the public - April, 24 – May 1, 2015
Gallery Hours: Tuesday 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.; Wednesday 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Thursday 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.; Friday 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m. Closed Saturday & Sunday; Admission is FREE
Student Pick-up – Friday, May 1, 2015 | 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Students pick-up artwork from the place of submission. Full-time Faculty members must be present to de-install work.
Online Submission Form- (goes here)
Design a Book Cover for Humanities Text book
Customized HUM 110 textbook going in to print for Fall ’15. We are working with Kendall Hunt Publishing. The final book will be an 8″x 10″ jpeg file. Create the artwork using Adobe Photoshop-Illustrator then save a jpeg. Deadline: Friday, March 27th Compensation: $150 to the person whose design is selected. Their name will be noted on the inside cover. This is a chance to create a great portfolio piece! Title of the Textbook:Humanities, Society and Technology: Living with Change Index information:
- What are the Humanities? What is Technology? What is Society?
- The Industrial Revolution: First and Second
- Writing, Printing and the Internet
- Television, Radio, Film and Social Media
- Weapons: Ancient and Modern
- Genetics and Medical
- What does the Future Hold?
For more information:
- Fine & Applied Arts
- Liberal Arts and General Education
- Academic Programs
Skills USA Image Contest- Juried by Lorraine Turi
SkillsUSA Champions magazine features our members’ photography. We’re looking for images of SkillsUSA Chapters in action, or the kind that show individual members’ concentration or perseverance. The photographer’s chapter will be awarded $150 for a winning entry. For additional information, email Tom Hall or write: SkillsUSA Champions 14001 SkillsUSA Way Leesburg, VA 20176 http://skillsusa.org/competitions/image-contest/
Design the Rowan Cabarrus Community College Cosmetology Team T-shirts fro this years’ Relay for Life event.
This years theme is- the 1980′s
Entries will need to be in black and white for printing and in jpg, gif or print quality formats. Due by March 15th Image: Last years winner Reese Moore T-shirt Design contact: Angela Hoover (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-216-3936)