We will regularly update our list of exhibition and performance opportunities for students. Keep checking in…
2015 Impulse Exhibition Guidelines (this is a DRAFT- not official yet!)
Exhibition Dates: Friday April 24th, 2015 -Thursday, May 7, 2015
Opening Reception: Friday, April 24th, 2015 | 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Eligibility: All current Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Associate Fine Art (AFA) majors as well as students currently enrolled in a curriculum Art Studio course are invited to submit artwork for the annual Impulse Exhibition.
The exhibition is sponsored by the Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Foundation and Rowan Arts Council, and is in partnership with ClearWater Artists Studios.
Location: ClearWater Artist Studios & Gallery
223 Crowell Drive NW
Concord, NC 28025
- Eligibility: Current AFA & AAS majors and students (of any major) who are currently enrolled in curriculum art studio courses are eligible.
- Selection of Work: Students may submit up to three (3) pieces of artwork for consideration.
- Exhibition Dates: Selected artworks will be exhibited at ClearWater Artists Studios for the entire time (April 23, 2015-May 8, 2015). Students must agree to exhibit their work for the entire duration.
- Fee: There is no entry fee
- Selling Artwork: Participants may sell their work without a commission (sales will be made directly between student and buyer)
- Submission Deadlines: The Entry Form and Digital Images of artwork must be submitted (link here) with the artwork. Submission info listed below. Incomplete submissions will not be eligible for consideration.
- Notification: If one of your pieces is not exhibited due to space availability or incorrect presentation you will be able to pick it up during regular studio hours (Clearwater Studios).
- Delivery of Selected Artwork: Selected artworks will be delivered by the Department of Fine and Applied Arts to Waterworks Visual Arts Center.
- Pick-up of Artwork not Selected: Works that are not selected for exhibition must be picked up by the student by April 24, 2015.
- Collection of Artwork at the End of the Exhibition: Students are responsible for picking up their artwork from the location at which the pieces were submitted. Work not picked up on time will become the property of Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
Liability: Participants submit work at their own risk. Artwork is not insured for damage or theft during drop-off, exhibition, or pick-up. Rowan-Cabarrus Community College and Rail Walk Studios & Gallery are not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or compromised artwork.
- All submitted work must have been created by the artist after January 1, 2014
- Submitted work cannot have been previously exhibited
- All fine art and graphic design mediums are encouraged (including performance, video, etc.)
- There is no size requirement, however space is limited in the gallery
- All 2-D work must be prepared to hang with taut wire
- Wire must be attached with screws; no glued or taped wires
- No sawtooth hangers
All 2-D work must be framed using simple, professional white or black frames. Frames must be wooden or metal. No plastic frames.
- Canvases may be unframed if they are gallery wrapped and the sides are painted
- Canvases must not have exposed staples on the sides. Such canvases should be framed.
- 3-D work must be able to sit solidly on the floor or on a stand
- 3-D work must be accompanied by appropriate stands / plinths
- 4-D work should be submitted with an explanation of how it will be exhibited.
Drop-Off Artwork at ClearWater Artists Studios (Concord) Thursday, April 23rd | 10:00 AM -3:00 PM
It is the student’s responsibility to deliver their art submissions & (online form) paperwork to:
ClearWater Artist Studios & Gallery
223 Crowell Drive NW
Concord, NC 28025
Opening Reception- Friday, April 24th | 5:00 PM -8:00 PM
Free and open to the public! Refreshments Served! Plan to attend!
April 24th 2015- May 7, 2015: Exhibition open to the public.
Gallery Hours: Tuesday 11:00 am-3:00 pm; Wednesday 11:00 am-5:00 pm; Thursday 11:00 am-5:00 pm; Friday 11:00 am -3:00 pm
Closed Saturday & Sunday; Admission is FREE
Friday, May 8th, 2015 | 10:00 AM -3:00 PM
Students pick-up artwork from the place of submission
Full Time Faculty members must be present to deinstall work
Online Submission Form- (goes here)
Design a Book Cover for Humanities Text book
customized HUM 110 textbook going in to print for Fall ’15. We are working with Kendall Hunt Publishing .
Format: The final book will be an 8″x 10″ jpeg file. Create the artwork using Adobe Photoshop-Illustrator then save a jpeg.
Deadline: Friday, March 27th
Compensation: $150 to the person whose design is selected. Their name will be noted on the inside cover. This is a chance to create a great portfolio piece!
Title of the Textbook: Humanities, Society and Technology: Living with Change
Television, Radio, Film and Social Media
Skills USA Image Contest- Juried by Lorraine Turi
SkillsUSA Champions magazine features our members’ photography. We’re looking for images of SkillsUSA Chapters in action, or the kind that show individual members’ concentration or perseverance. The photographer’s chapter will be awarded $150 for a winning entry.
For additional information, email Tom Hall or write:
14001 SkillsUSA Way
Leesburg, VA 20176
Design the Rowan Cabarrus Community College Cosmetology Team T-shirts fro this years’ Relay for Life event.
This years theme is- the 1980′s
Entries will need to be in black and white for printing and in jpg, gif or print quality formats.
Due by March 15th
Image: Last years winner Reese Moore T-shirt Design
contact: Angela Hoover (email@example.com, 704-216-3936)