About the Library
Library Hours and Services during COVID-19 Response
We are Still Here for You! – A Message from the Library Director
Thursday March 26, 2020, 3:00 pm
Dear Navigation Nation
We learned today, March 26, 2020, that all Rowan-Cabarrus Library locations will be closing until further notice due to the COVID-19 restrictions. However, the Library and it’s services go beyond the physical walls of our space, and the Library team and I want you to know: We are still here for you.
First, we’re a link to pandemic information you can trust. You can get updates at https://libguides.rccc.edu/covid.
Second, the Library leverages many virtual services that will continue to be necessary. Virtual services are available from our website anytime with your Blackboard credentials. Some services that continue to be available off-campus via www.rccc.edu/lrc are:
- Our All-in-One Search, which searches all Library collections in one easy search.
- Access to over 119 databases.
- Streaming resources like Films on Demand, Swank, Kanopy, and Music Online.
- Virtual Drop-in sessions offered on essential topics like research and technology-use.
- Research Guides that provide great starting points for beginning research for assignments and papers.
- How-to-Videos that provide short, instructional videos to help students navigate and search the Library’s resources.
- The Ask-a-Librarian chat service which provides access to a Librarian 24/7.
- Research help available by directly contacting librarians who can meet with you virtually and via phone.
Finally, we’re here to provide some respite from this stressful situation! We subscribe to over 370 popular fiction and nonfiction books through OverDrive that is available to practice your social distancing. Everyone needs a break from schoolwork and telework! Our collection developers are hard at work choosing titles they think you’ll love.
We are looking forward to returning to normal operations and seeing you in person again, but until then, know that We are still here for you.
Take good care.