About the Library
Fall 2020 – A Message from the Library Director
Wednesday, July 22, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Dear Navigation Nation
Due to the rising COVID-19 numbers in North Carolina, the Library will continue to provide remote services only during the Fall 2020 semester. While we miss the students and faculty, we think it would be prudent not to reopen the Library spaces until there is a decrease in the spread of the virus. However, until we can resume normal operations, we want to assure you that we are still here to help you achieve your goals.
The Library continues to leverage many virtual services that are available from our website with your Blackboard credentials. Services that continue to be available off-campus via www.rccc.edu/lrc are:
- Our All-in-One Search, which searches all Library collections in one easy search.
- Access to over 119 databases.
- Streaming resources like AVON, Films on Demand, Swank, Kanopy, and Music Online.
- Virtual Drop-in sessions for assistance with technology questions
- Research Guides that provide excellent starting points for beginning research for assignments and papers.
- How-to-Videos that provide short, instructional videos to help students navigate and search the Library’s resources.
- The Ask-a-Librarian chat service which provides access to a Librarian 24/7.
- Research help available by directly contacting librarians who can meet with you virtually and via phone.
We also are currently looking at changes that would allow the resumption of lending Library materials for this semester! Stay tuned for details!
Again, we are here for you and want to be part of making your Fall semester productive and successful!