About the Library
Spring 2021 – A Message from the Library Director
Updated Thursday, January 7, 2021
Dear Navigation Nation
The Library will continue to provide remote services only during the Spring 2021 semester. While we miss the students and faculty, we think it would be prudent not to reopen the Library spaces until there is a decrease in the spread of the virus. However, until we can resume normal operations, we want to assure you that we are still here to help you achieve your goals.
The Library continues to leverage many virtual services that are available from our website with your Blackboard credentials. Services that continue to be available off-campus via www.rccc.edu/lrc are:
- Our All-in-One Search, which searches all Library collections in one easy search.
- Access to over 119 databases.
- Streaming resources like AVON, Films on Demand, Swank, Kanopy, and Music Online.
- Virtual Drop-in sessions for assistance with technology questions
- Research Guides that provide excellent starting points for beginning research for assignments and papers.
- How-to-Videos provide short, instructional videos to help students navigate and search the Library’s resources.
- The Ask-a-Librarian chat service provides access to a Librarian 24/7.
- Research help available by directly contacting librarians who can meet with you virtually and via phone.
- Book access with a curbside pick-up.
Again, we are here for you and want to be part of making your Spring semester productive and successful!