About the Library
Fall 2021 – What Does “Open” Mean?
Updated Monday, August 16, 2021
Dear Navigation Nation,
Beginning August 16, 2021, the LIbrary is excited to welcome our students, faculty, and staff back to the Library spaces. However, the Library will look a little different from previous semesters in an extreme abundance of caution. The Library is taking a phased approach to returning to normal operations safely. So, what does the Library is “open” really mean?
First, the Library continues to leverage many virtual services available from our website with your Blackboard credentials. These services are available 24/7 from your home or on-campus. However, visiting the Library this semester will be governed by the following changes:
- The Libraries at all locations will be open Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Masks are required regardless of vaccination status.
- The Libraries are only open to current students, faculty, and staff. We are not open to community borrowers at this time.
- The doors of the Libraries will remain locked to assist in monitoring the space capacity. Patrons will ring a doorbell to gain access to the Library.
- The computer lab areas will be open with limited seating due to social distancing efforts. However, students will be able to check out laptops for in-library use.
- The study areas will be open. Only two students will be allowed to sit at each study table. Furniture may not be moved.
- The Book Stacks will remain closed. However, patrons may use the online form to request books, and the staff will pull them and check them out for patrons to pick up at the circulation desk. Curbside Service is no longer available.
- Due to poor air circulation, the study rooms are still closed.
- The Coffee service remains suspended.
- Library instruction classes and workshops will remain virtual.
Additional Safety Precautions
- Hand sanitizer stations are provided outside and inside the library.
- Plexiglass shields for the service desks have been installed at each location to protect staff and patrons.
- Dual monitors on flexible extension arms have been installed at the service desks to assist social distancing.
- Markings have been placed on the floor to encourage social distancing.
- Routine cleaning regimes are being followed.
Again, it is so exciting to be returning to our spaces! We look forward to a great academic year and hope that the future is bright! Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.