About the Library
Streaming Video and Audio Collections
The Library currently provides access to thousands of streaming videos through the following collections:
- Digital Campus (Swank)
- Films on Demand
- NC LIVE Video Collection (PBS)
- Ice Videos
- Music Online: Listening
These films can be embedded in Blackboard for student access or streamed live in class, and the vast majority of the films have closed captioning, transcripts, and are already broken up into short segments.
For faculty instructions on utilizing streaming video and audio resources visit our staff page…
Please contact Lisa Shores (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-216-3693).
Digital Campus (Swank)
Students should use their BlackBoard credentials to log into this or any other library resource remotely.
Having Trouble Viewing a Film?
- Make sure you are using the correct log-in credentials. Students should use their BlackBoard log-in.
- The URL or embed code should have our proxy prefix. If it doesn’t, please add the code below to the front of the streaming URL or embed code or consult the list in the next column to get the streaming URL, including the EZProxy prefix. For example, “http://proxy154.nclive.org/login?url=”. If you are still having issues, please contact library staff.
Films on Demand
- Film & Popular
- The Arts
- Education (K12 & Teacher Development)
- Global Studies & Languages
- Media & Communications
- Social Sciences
- Technical Training
- To look for an exact title or phrase, put your search in quotation marks (e.g. “Killing Us Softy”).
- Include AND between search terms to view results that must contain both words (not just either word).
- Having searched for key words, use the filters of the search results page to narrow your search (by category, producer, year of production, etc.).
NCLive provides access to a wide variety of PBS videos, available for streaming, including: