- Hours & Locations
- Book Return Locations
- Mission, Goals & Objectives
- Service Desks
- Library Advisory Boards
- Children in the Library
- Food & Drink
- Noise & Cell Phones
- Theft & Damage
- Lost & Found
Streaming Video Collections
The Library currently provides access to thousands of streaming videos through the following collections:
- Digital Campus (Swank)
- Films on Demand
- NC LIVE Video Collection (PBS)
These films can be embedded in Blackboard for student access or streamed live in class, and the vast majority of the films have closed captioning, transcripts, and are already broken up into short segments.
Please contact Lisa Shores (firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-216-3693).
Digital Campus (Swank)
Swank Digital Campus films are now available in a database that can be accessed by any student or faculty member with no mediation from library staff. We currently have access to over 150 titles in our database. We do have the ability to request a limited number of titles that are not part of our permanent collection. Please contact Lisa Shores to request a title be added to our collection.
Students should use their BlackBoard credentials to log into this or any other library resource remotely.
Having Trouble Viewing a Film?
- Make sure you are using the correct log-in credentials. Students should use their BlackBoard log-in.
- The URL or embed code should have our proxy prefix. If it doesn’t, please add the code below to the front of the streaming URL or embed code or consult the list in the next column to get the streaming URL, including the EZProxy prefix. For example, “http://proxy154.nclive.org/login?url=”. If you are still having issues, please contact library staff.
Films on Demand
Films on Demand provides access to thousands of quality films that can be embedded into BlackBoard for seamless access by students both on campus and remotely. The Library provides titles in a variety of fields, including Humanities, Social Sciences, Nursing, Career & Technical.
Kanopy is an on-demand streaming video service for educational institutions that provides 12 million students and faculty with access to more than 26,000 films each year.
- To look for an exact title or phrase, put your search in quotation marks (e.g. “Killing Us Softy”).
- Include AND between search terms to view results that must contain both words (not just either word).
- Having searched for key words, use the filters of the search results page to narrow your search (by category, producer, year of production, etc.).
The NCLive Video Collection (or PBS Video) is a collection of over 500 streaming documentaries and educational programs produced by the Public Broadcasting Corporation. The collections include Ken Burns documentaries, Masterpiece Theater, Scientific American, American Experience, and many more. The videos can be viewed on any device with an Internet connection that is capable of running Flash Player.
NCLive provides access to a wide variety of PBS videos, available for streaming, including: