Admission Steps for Cosmetology
- Apply: Once you have made the decision to attend Rowan-Cabarrus, call or visit the Navigation Station at North or South Campus or apply online.
- Testing: Schedule an appointment to take the Accuplacer placement tests, if required for the program you are entering. Students are also encouraged to attend the New Student Orientation.
- Information Sessions: Students are required to attend a Cosmetology Information Session to secure a slot in the program. If more than the number of students who can be accepted into the program come at the same time, students will chosen based on application dates obtained by Student Services. No appointment is required. Children are not allowed at the session.
- Register for Class(es): Use WebAdvisor to self-register for general education classes or attend a GPS Session for assistance. For more information regarding registration, please visit our website.
Please note: You will not be able to register for any cosmetology, esthetics, or manicuring courses through WebAdvisor. Registration for these types of classes will be allowed only through the Cosmetology Program Advisors.
- Final Preparation:
- Pay your tuition.
- Purchase your books, kits* and supplies from the South Campus bookstore. *Kits should remain unopened until it has been inventoried on the first day of class by your instructor.
- Make sure to have your student ID made at the Navigation Station.
- Purchase the appropriate uniform scrubs for the program you are entering from the store of your choice. Closed toe, solid black, leather shoes must be worn. A lab coat is optional. All programs are to wear black pants. A Rowan-Cabarrus Student ID must be visible at all times and is considered part of your mandatory uniform.
The following top colors correspond with the program type:
- Cosmetology – medium/platinum gray top
- Esthetics – white top
- Manicuring – tan top
- Instructor – black top
- You must have your uniform, kit, books, and any required mannequins by the first day of class. No exceptions.
Important Information for Cosmetology Program Applicants
Location and Contact Information
The Kannapolis Cosmetology Center is located at 120 West Avenue in Kannapolis.
Please contact the Program Office for more detailed information: Day 704-216-3927 | Evening 704-216-3928.
Estimated Program Costs
Transfer students will be counseled on an individual basis by the Cosmetology Program Chair. Please contact the Cosmetology Program for an appointment 704-216-3927.