Admission Steps for Cosmetology
- Space Availability – Twenty day slots and twenty part-time evening slots are available each fall and each spring semester.
- Qualification Date – Your qualification date is the date that your RCCC Application for Admission indicating Cosmetology as your major (or) your “Change of Program” to Cosmetology is processed.Students are required to attend one information session prior to that semester’s program enrollment.
- Required Information Session – Part of the admission requirements is attending an Information Session at the Cloverleaf Plaza Center. Students are required to attend one session prior to that semester’s program enrollment. The times will be updated on this webpage and are: May, June, or July for fall semester and October, November, or December for spring semester. No appointment is required. Children are not allowed at the session. (See table above for upcoming sessions.)
- “Intent Form” for Cosmetology Enrollment – This form is available at the Information Session and is part of the checklist. It must be completed and turned into the Cosmetology Program each semester you attempt to attain program admission.
- Payment of Tuition and Fees – In order to keep your slot once it’s offered, you must pay your tuition and fees by the applicable date.
Program Selection Information for Cosmetology Program
- Order of Program Admission – Students who meet program admission requirements will be ordered by their qualification date. Program slots will be offered to students from oldest qualification date to most recent qualification date.
- Unsuccessful Program Admission – Students will need to attend the next semester’s Information Session and submit a new “Intent Form” to be considered for the next program admission opportunity.
- If you do not attain program admission to the COS courses, you are encouraged to begin taking related program courses such as ENG, CIS, MAT, etc. while you pursue program admission for the next semester.
Important Information for Cosmetology Program Applicants
- Location and Contact Information
- The Cloverleaf Plaza Center is located at 988 Cloverleaf Plaza in Kannapolis. College ancillary services such as the Business Office (tuition payment), Financial Aid, Student Services (placement testing, admissions, counseling), Bookstore, Tutoring, Computer labs, etc. are at the main campuses – 1531 Trinity Church Rd, Concord (or) 1333 Jake Alexander Blvd, Salisbury.
- Please contact the Program Office for more detailed information: Day (704) 216-3927 | Evening (704) 216-3928.
- Placement Testing
- Estimated Program Costs for financial aid questions, please refer to the Financial Aid webpage.
- Advanced Placement Students
- Students who have partially completed a cosmetology program, are possible transfers from another cosmetology program, or have clinical hours will be counseled on an individual basis by the Cosmetology Program Director regarding their program position. Please contact the Cosmetology Program for an appointment (704) 216-3927.