Goals, Planning & Success (GPS)
The goals for the GPS session are to:
- Assist you in your transition from being admitted to enrolling at Rowan-Cabarrus.
- Introduce you to Rowan-Cabarrus services that will support your personal and educational success.
- Ensure that you understand and are able to access your student accounts.
- Educate you about and interpret your placement test scores.
- Familiarize you with the programs of study and course descriptions at Rowan-Cabarrus.
- Emphasize the importance of course planning and the role the Academic & Career Advising Center plays in your educational planning.
Who should attend GPS?
GPS sessions are designed for new Rowan-Cabarrus students; continuing students are not expected to attend a session.
When should I attend a GPS?
Once you have completed your placement testing, you should attend a GPS session. We recommend that you be mindful of when you are planning to enroll in classes, so that the information presented is at the forefront of your mind when registering for and attending classes. For example, if you are taking the placement test in February and plan to attend in the Fall, you may wish to delay coming to a GPS session until the summer.
When are GPS sessions?
Currently, GPS sessions are individual sessions designed for those registering for the spring minimester. These sessions are being held Monday through Friday at both North and South Campuses starting February 16, 2015.
We are not taking appointments for minimester GPS sessions, instead you will be able to come to the Academic and Career Advising Center during our normal business hours.
What do I need to bring to a GPS session?
Prior to coming to the session you will want to ensure that your college application has been processed and your placement testing, if necessary, has been completed. Please bring your letter of admission or your student ID number with you to the session. The Testing Center should have distributed your test scores to you, please bring them with you.
Need more information?
Contact the GPS Coordinator at ACA@rccc.edu or 704-216-7168.