Transferring College Coursework to Rowan-Cabarrus for Credit

Any incoming student may request a transfer of credits earned at another regionally-accredited institution or in other programs within Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. Credits earned at a non-regionally accredited institution will be awarded on a case-by-case basis.

Rowan-Cabarrus will also review credits earned at post-secondary universities outside the United States for possible transfer credit for international students or United States citizens who have earned credits abroad.  An international student or a United States citizen requesting transfer credits for post-secondary work completed outside the United States must have a certified transcript translated by a reputable U.S. evaluation agency. View RCCC’s approved agencies.

Rowan-Cabarrus requires an official transcript from the transferring institution. Courses submitted for transfer credit must be equivalent to offerings at Rowan-Cabarrus. Exceptions to the transfer of credits may be made by the appropriate Program Head and the Academic Vice President. Only courses with grades of a “C” or higher will be accepted for transfer, provided the courses are applicable to the curriculum of interest. Quality points will not be transferred. Please allow three weeks for processing.  When the college is closed for holidays, the process will be delayed.

A minimum of 25% of the total number of credit hours required for graduation in a particular program must be taken at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. No more than 75% of required credit hours can be accepted for transfer credit. In most cases, full credit will be transferred for courses that are comparable in content and are semester-hour equivalent.

Rowan-Cabarrus does not accept transfer credit for Credit by Examination, Internship, or Work-Based Learning credit.

Credit may also be awarded for appropriate scores on subject areas of the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or the Advanced Placement (AP) Program. Official test results should be submitted to the Admissions Office.

In most instances, the required courses for the Associate in Arts degree at Rowan-Cabarrus will be transferable to a wide selection of colleges and universities. The required courses for the Associate in Applied Science degree at Rowan-Cabarrus will often, but not always, transfer to many local private colleges. Students should seek specific course transfer information from the institution they wish to attend. The information listed here is to be used as a generalized insight into transfer options and does not serve as a guarantee of complete degree transfer credit.

This entry was posted in Admissions and Recruitment, Student Services and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.