Student schedules may be changed during WebAdvisor Registration. Also, beginning the first day of every semester (Fall/Spring), there is a two-day period in which students can register late and drop/add courses. During Summer term there is a one-day period in which students can register late and drop/add courses. WebAdvisor Support will be available at North and South campuses to assist you with schedule changes during the schedule change dates shown above.
Payment of Tuition
If you decide not to attend:
Keep in mind that if you do not plan to attend your classes, you must drop yourself through webadvisor or by submitting the Online Withdrawal Form. Any student registered for any class as of the first day of the semester, will be responsible for 25% of tuition, even if you have not entered the class(es).
Tuition and Student Fees
You will incur a penalty for dropping and/or adding. To avoid this 25% penalty, if you do plan to drop and add a course, both must take place within the same transaction. This penalty is the responsibility of the student and must be paid. Please make every attempt to make changes to your schedule only once and within the same time session so as not to incur additional charges to your account.
For Traditional 16-week Classes (Fall/Spring Semesters) and for 10-week Classes (Summer Term), including Internet Classes
- A 100% refund shall be made if the student drops the class prior to the first day of the semester.
- A 75 % refund shall be made if the student drops the class on or after the first day of the semester and prior to or on the official 10 percent point of the semester as published in the academic calendar. Refunds will not be made after this date.
- Refunds will not be granted after the official 10 percent point of the semester, as published in the academic calendar.
- A Drop/Add/Withdrawal Notice must be presented to Student Services by the student if a refund is requested.
For Non-Traditional Classes (including Minimester, Telecourses and/or Hybrid)
- The telecourse ten percent is the first day of class. However, if students do not attend the first Saturday session/orientation, they must be oriented by the instructor of the class by Friday following the first Saturday orientation session. This deadline must be met in order for the student to remain a member of the class. A request for refund for a telecourse must be made no later than Friday following the first Saturday orientation session.
- The hybrid ten percent is the first day of class. However, if students do not attend the first class session, they must be oriented by the instructor of the class within a week of the first hybrid class session. This deadline must be met in order for the student to remain a member of the class. A request for refund for a hybrid course must be made no later than five business days after the first class session (e.g. If your class begins on a Monday, deadline for refund is the following Monday).
- Minimester Classes: Deadline for refunds – refer to the registration calendar.
- Drop/add/withdrawal notice must be presented to student services by the student if a refund is requested.
Withdrawal from Classes
The student is responsible for initiating the withdrawal process. If students withdraw from a class after the end of the drop/add period and before the 65% point in the class, they will receive a grade of “W.” For more information, view the one stop articles on withdrawal and withdrawal dates.
Distance Education Classes (Internet, Hybrid, and Telecourse)
Please refer to the distance education website for important details regarding class orientation, start dates, and/or course access.