Category: Financial Aid

Higher One My RCCC Card Frequently Asked Questions

Rowan-Cabarrus Community College has partnered with Higher One, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to offer faster delivery of refunds to students. Higher One will help bring this method for receiving refunds via the My RCCC Card Debit MasterCard®. The My RCCC Card will be your key to faster refunds and increased [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged , , , , ,

Work-Study Application

Please complete the Application for Work-study if you are interested in applying for such aid. Please submit an application for each work study position you are interested in. The Financial Aid Office is no longer accepting applications for the Work-study program at this time.

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged ,

What is the difference between subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford loans?

Subsidized vs. Unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loans The federal government pays the interest on subsidized Federal Direct Stafford loans while the student is enrolled at an approved school at least half-time. To receive subsidized Federal Direct Stafford loans, applying students must demonstrate need. The federal government does not pay interest on unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged ,

How much can be borrowed through Federal Direct Stafford loans?

Types of Loans Subsidized- the federal government pays the interest on the loan while the student is enrolled at least half time.  Student must demonstrate financial need. Unsubsidized- students may borrow this loan without demonstrating need; however, interest accrues from the day the loan is disbursed. Borrowing Maximums Student Type Completed Credits Subsidized Unsubsidized Annual Max (Sub+Unsub) [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged ,

How to Apply for Federal Direct Stafford Loans

Be admitted into an approved Degree, Diploma, or Certificate program, and be maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress in that program. Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the current aid year. Provide other documents if requested by the Financial Aid Office. Sometimes the FAFSA data is incomplete, or the U.S. Department of Education [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged ,

VA Benefits Frequently Asked Questions

How do I begin the application process? The first step is to submit an application for VA benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs. How do I complete my VA file at RCCC? To complete your VA file with RCCC, you will need to provide the Admissions Office with copies of transcripts from your high [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged ,

Which programs of study are approved for VA benefits?

All programs listed in the curriculum catalog are eligible for veteran benefits. This includes associate degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs. Please contact the financial aid office with any questions regarding eligible programs of study. Current Programs of Study

Also posted in Academic Programs, Student Services | Tagged

VA Benefits General Information

The student must choose a major (program of study) offered by Rowan Cabarrus Community College and listed in the RCCC catalog. He or she must meet all admissions criteria established by RCCC for that program, as well as meeting all VA requirements to receive educational benefits. Your admission’s file must be complete, which includes an official high [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged

Application Procedures for VA Benefits

The following rules and information are important for your to keep in mind as you apply for VA Education Benefits certification and a receipt of pay. The first step toward using your benefits is submitting an application online. Each chapter requires different forms and/or documentation. Therefore, it is imperative that you are aware of your [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged ,

Veteran Benefits and Eligibility

If you have served active military duty or in the reserve or national guard, or if you are the dependant of a service-connected permanently disabled veteran, RCCC can help you utilize your Montgomery GI Bill benefits to achieve your educational goals with success. There are many options offered by the Montgomery GI Bill and each [...]

Also posted in Student Services | Tagged