Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is committed to providing a safe and respectful learning and work environment for all. Students, faculty, staff, and visitors are encouraged to provide information describing any safety concern or issue. Concerns include any instance in which someone feels unsafe or threatened while at any campus location or college activity. Concerns may also include disruptive or inappropriate behavior.
Specific examples may include:
- Inappropriate language or behavior
- Disruptive or suspicious behavior
- Threatening statements, whether specific or generalized
- Unwanted sexual advances, sexually offensive remarks, or inappropriate acts
- Threats – either against others or oneself (suicide)
- Behavior causing self injury or self harm
- Harassment or bullying (verbal, written or physical)
- Discriminatory behavior or language
- Violations of the RCCC Campus Code of Conduct
Refer to the RCCC Campus Code of Conduct for additional information.
Every effort will be made to protect your privacy. All electronic alerts are sent directly to following: director of counseling, associate vice president for student services and vice president of student services. Expected response time is one or two school days.
Immediately report any emergency directly to Campus Security, Student Services or a college representative.