Tag: Frequently Asked Questions

Adult Basic Education & General Educational Development Frequently Asked Questions

Pre-College Studies Webpage Adult Education (ABE & HSE) Webpage Are there any requirements to enroll in the HSE program? Yes. Students must be at least 18 years old. Special permission to enroll into the HSE program may be possible for those students who are age 16 or 17. Please refer to the Pre-College Studies minor student [...]

Posted in Academic Programs, Pre-College Studies | Also tagged , , , , ,

After Receiving Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions

If I have money left from my award and don’t attend during the summer, does that money carry over to the next fall? No. The award is for the academic year that you applied for only. If you do not use it all during that year, you never get the unused portion. Do I have [...]

Posted in Financial Aid, Student Services | Also tagged ,

Career Readiness Certification Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)? It is a portable credential that promotes skills and career development for individuals and confirms to employers that they possess basic workplace skills in applied mathematics, reading for information and locating Information. What is the CRC based upon? The CRC is based on the ACT WorkKeys system, a [...]

Posted in Corporate and Continuing Education, Job and Skills Training, Workforce Assessments | Also tagged , ,

Financial Aid and Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

What is an academic year? The academic year is defined as fall and spring semesters, with an optional summer. Fall semester begins in August and ends in December, spring semester begins in January and ends in May, and summer school starts in May and ends in July. Do I have to attend full-time to qualify [...]

Posted in Financial Aid, Student Services | Also tagged , ,

Financial Aid Application Process Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for financial aid? Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or, if you are a continuing student, the Renewal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (RFAFSA). Either of these can be submitted between the January prior to the beginning of the academic year and June of the summer session [...]

Posted in Financial Aid, Student Services | Also tagged ,

Registration Frequently Asked Questions

Who is my advisor? Log in to WebAdvisor. Click on the “Students Menu” and then on “My Profile”. You may also contact the front desk in student services at either number shown above. How do I change my major? Complete and submit the program change form to the admissions office. Where is Student Services located? North Campus [...]

Posted in Records and Registration, Student Services | Tagged

VA Benefits Frequently Asked Questions

How do I begin the application process? The first step is to submit an application for VA benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs. How do I complete my VA file at RCCC? To complete your VA file with RCCC, you will need to provide the Admissions Office with copies of transcripts from your high [...]

Posted in Financial Aid, Student Services | Also tagged