Tag: Transfer Process

Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

The current Comprehensive Articulation Agreement became effective in 2014. This agreement addresses the transfer of credits between institutions in the North Carolina Community College System and from that system to constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina. Community college graduates of the A.A. and A.S. programs who have completed the general education transfer core [...]

Posted in Academic Programs, Counseling and Career Services, Student Services | Tagged

Course Residency Requirement

A minimum of 25% of the total number of credit hours required for graduation in a particular program must be taken at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. No more than75% of required credit hours can be accepted for transfer credit.

Posted in Academic Programs, Records and Registration, Student Services | Also tagged , ,

Do I need the ACT or SAT as a transfer student?

That depends on when you decide to transfer.  If you transfer with less than 24 credit hours, the college may want your high school transcripts – and in that case the ACT or SAT is expected.  But if you decide to complete your Associate Degree with RCCC, then SAT, ACT and high school grades are not a factor in determining [...]

Posted in Student Services | Also tagged

Frequently Requested Transfer Contacts at North Carolina Colleges

Below is information on the schools RCCC students most frequently inquire about and contact information for one of their admissions representatives: UNC Charlotte Are you interested in keeping in hearing more from UNCC? Send an email to our contact person, Andrea Triplette, at triplettea@uncc.edu in order to receive their Transfer Newsletter. Catawba College If you [...]

Posted in Student Services | Tagged

How do I know what classes transfer?

The link to Transfer Navigator on CFNC’s website is extremely helpful.  After you create a login with CFNC, you can search for the courses you have taken at RCCC and select the school you are transferring to. 

Posted in Student Services | Tagged

Transferring College Coursework to Rowan-Cabarrus for Credit

Any incoming student may request a transfer of credits earned at another regionally-accredited institution or in other programs within Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. Credits earned at a non-regionally accredited institution will be awarded on a case-by-case basis. Rowan-Cabarrus will also review credits earned at post-secondary universities outside the United States for possible transfer credit for international [...]

Posted in Admissions and Recruitment, Student Services | Tagged

Transferring Professional Certificates to Rowan-Cabarrus for Credit

An enrolling student may request that professional certificates with appropriate documentation be evaluated for full or partial course credit within his/her major. Additional criteria may be required along with the certificate to receive full course credit. For each area of certification, the appropriate program head will determine the RCCC course equivalencies and corresponding certification required [...]

Posted in Admissions and Recruitment, Student Services | Tagged

When can (or should) I transfer to a four-year college or university?

This is a personal decision.  We hear from most four-year schools that it is advantageous for a student to complete an Associate Degree in the Arts, Sciences, or Fine Arts.  However, students can transfer in sooner if they would like to do so.  Each school is different, but most are looking for a minimum of 24 college credit [...]

Posted in Student Services | Tagged

When should I begin the transfer process?

This is a tricky question.  Students need to begin the exploration of transferring after they complete the first semester at RCCC.  But students need to apply to the college of their choice the semester before they want to begin at the school.

Posted in Student Services | Tagged