Meeting was called to order: 12:41 p.m.
Guest Speaker: Dr. George Jackson.
He was invited and introduced by Reggie McConaughy, Arts & Science student. Dr. Jackson discussed the six (6) principles of non-violence, as well as how college students and young leaders we can work to bring harmony to our campuses and communities.
- Adele Harper (President) – Present
- Jonathan Furnas (Vice-President) – Present
- Denisa Winecoff (Secretary/Treasurer) – Present
- Nestina Jackson (Parliamentarian) -Present
- Brenda Smith (Membership Officer) – Present
- Marie Baker (Public Information Officer) – Present
- Carlie Penninger (Assistant Public Information Officer) – NP
- Gigi Larson (Entertainment Chair) – Present
- Ann-King Padilla (Senator) – Present
- Carolina Hillard (Senator) – NP
- Dylan Cooper (Senator) – Present
- Shane Edwards (Senator) – Present
- Justin Woazeah (Senator) – Present
- Hannah Gray (Senator) – Present
- Sonia Ellis (Senator) – Present
- John Boswell (Senator) – Present
- Joshua Schroeder (Senator) – Present
- Kim Morris (Senator) – Present
- Margarita Gross (Senator) – NP
- Jack Belliveau (Senator) – Present
- Rhonda Morgan (Senator) – Present
- Emmit Thomas (Senator) – Present
- Christina Fespermen (Senator) – Present
No reports at this time.
- AC/DC- Art/Drawing Club- (Present) – Last meeting was Nov. 20th. The next meeting is Dec. 4th. Community project is helping with the Women’s Shelter; Campus Service Project of providing art supplies for the children from the Dove Tree.
- Automotive Skills-USA- (Not Present)
- CIAAP Office Pro-(Present) Last meeting was Nov. 27th. Next meeting will be Jan. 15th. The Campus Service Project was handing out over 300 cups of hot cocoa to students and giving out club information on Nov. 28th. They finished the Community Service Project for the Women’s Shelter on Nov. 30th. They are hosting the Holiday Social.
- Cosmetology Skills-USA- (Not Present)
- Culture Connection- (Present) Last meeting was in November. The next meeting is Dec. 6th. The club volunteered at the Salvation Army for their Community Service Project. The Campus Service Project is a campus multicultural conference, and the date will be listed soon.
- Early Childhood – (Present) Last meeting was Nov. 13th. The next meeting is scheduled for Dec. 11. The club’s community service project is a Food Drive for the Branches of Hope.
- PTK- (Present) Posted the N. campus Bulletin for December. Dec. 6th is introduction rehearsal and Dec. 7th is the induction ceremony in the auditorium.
- Psi Beta-National Honor Society in Psychology- (Present) – Awaiting evaluation by National Psi Beta Organization. Once this is complete, campus meetings will begin.
- Practical Nursing- (Not Present)
- RC^3 Electronics- (Present) – Nothing to report at this time.
- Rotaract- (Not Present)
- Warrior Racing- (Present)
- Welding- (Not Present)
Mark Beisler brought forth proposals on having a spirit rock on N. Campus and using the parade money for advertising. He made other proposals to better assist students and the campus. No motion brought forward. Discussion ended.
The Video Game Competition was brought forth and voted on and was passed. Senator Sherrie Ann Alexander was nominated and voted in.
Food Service Committee- Jonathan Furnas announced that Canteen Food Services will be providing hot meals on both campuses and various new vending machine options. They will be providing a wider selection on healthier alternative foods.
Gas Card Winners
- On North Campus- Sonia Ellis
- On South Campus- Dawn Camons
- Advising will resume on Jan 2nd on North Campus between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Advising will be held on South Campus between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
The meeting was adjourned at: 1:12 p.m.