The meeting was called to order at: 12:45 p.m.
Update: Campus Canteen
Guest speakers: James Hutchins, Canteen District Manager, and Derek Atkins, RCCC Associate VP of Business & Finance, spoke of the South and North campus changes to come about. South Campuses new facility is up and running with new features such as Starbuck’s coffee. North Campus facilities will be remodeled within the next six to eight weeks. The Campus Canteen has invested $50,000 dollars in the north campus cafeteria for better equipment and remodeling. This will be a more “student-controlled” menu. The district manager explained that if certain items were not selling, they would be rotated out and something else would replace it. SGA thanks Hutchins and Atkins for their time in explaining the new attractions for the Campus Canteen.
- Adele Harper (President) – Present
- Jonathan Furnas (Vice President) – Present
- Denisa Parsons (Secretary/Treasurer)-Present
- Nestina Jackson (Parliamentarian)-Present
- Brenda Smith (Membership Officer)-NP
- Marie Baker (Public Information Officer)-Present
- James Rogers (Assistant Information Officer)-Present
- Gigi Larson (Entertainment Chair)-Present
- Ann-King Padilla (Senator)-Present
- Carolina Hillard (Senator)-NP
- Dylan Cooper (Senator)-Present
- Shane Edwards (Senator)-Present
- Hannah Gray (Senator)-NP
- Sonia Ellis (Senator)-Present
- John Boswell (Senator)-NP
- Joshua Shroeder (Senator)-Present
- Kim Morris (Senator)-Present
- Margarita Gross (senator)-Present
- Jack Belliveau (Senator)-Present
- Rhonda Morgan (Senator)-Present
- Emmit Thomas (Senator)-Present
- Katrina Fesperman (Senator)-Present
- Sherrie Alexander (Senator)-Present
- President’s Report- The new SGA office is open and ready in the 3000 bldg. Do stop in and visit.
- Vice President’s Report- Let’s get off to a good year with campus activities and community service projects.
- Parliamentarian Report- A brief reminder to always turn off cell phones while in business meeting. And there was a reminder that “Robert’s Rules of Order” governed the meetings. A copy of “Robert’s Rules” was passed out before the meeting.
- Entertainment Chair- Calls being done for Spring Fling with The Smith Agency for Olympic Obstacles, wax hands, and a hypnotist. Working with the SGA President on the Breakfast Blast for the 29th and 30th.
- Assistant Public Information Officer- Recently voted in. The officer is reviewing duties and moving into the new office on S. Campus.
- AC/DC- Art/Drawing Club- (Present) – Their first meeting of the new semester will on Jan. 15th at 3:30 p.m. in the Student Center.
- Automotive Skills-USA- Not Present
- CIAAP Office Pro-(Present) Meeting was held Jan. 12th. The next meeting is Jan. 22nd in Room 311 from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Cosmetology Skills-USA- Not Present
- Culture Connection- (Present) Last meeting was 12/04/07. The next meeting is on Jan. 22. The Culture Connection is planning for their campus service project, as well as the Culture Awareness Fair for both campuses.
- Early Childhood – (Present) No report.
- PTK- (Present) No report.
- Psi Beta-National Honor Society in Psychology- (Not Present)
- Practical Nursing- (Present) The next meeting is Jan. 24th on South campus at 11:00 a.m. The club will be hosting the Blood Drive on Jan 17th from 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- RC^3 Electronics- (Not Present)
- Rotaract- (Not Present)
- Warrior Racing- (Not Present)
- Welding- (Not Present)
There is no unfinished business.
- Senator Nominations- There were two senator nominations. Angela Weatherford and Kimberly Reavis were nominated and voted upon in the last meeting. The motions passed, and we welcome our new senators.
- A.T.M. Machines- There will be ATM machines on campuses. The machines have been ordered and will be arriving in the next few weeks.
See agenda for announcements.
The meeting was adjourned at 1:04 p.m.