High School Equivalency Testing
Placement Test Study Guides
It is highly recommended that you prepare for placement testing, so the exams accurately reflect your placement in reading, writing, English, mathematics, and computer courses. The College Board has developed general ACCUPLACER sample questions you can use to also prepare for the NC_DAP placement exam. In addition to the sample questions provided by the College Board, below you will find a compilation of excellent study guides and practice tests from institutions across the country.
All .pdf documents require a current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. For a free download, please visit Adobe.
North Carolina Community College System Diagnostic and Placement Test (NC_DAP)
Official Study Guide for English and Reading/WritePlacer/Math provided by The College Board
There is a web-based study app available for free from ACCUPLACER. The study app features “Learn As You Go” practice tests, which provide you with explanations of correct answers for sample questions similar to those you will see on the NC_DAP placement test. The app is accessible from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Download the ACCUPLACER Practice App for free today!
- WritePlacer Guide with Sample Essays provided by College Board
- ACCUPLACER Reading Practice Questions provided by Test Prep Review
- Reading Study Guide provided by OSU-accessed via AIMS Community College
- Mastering the Fundamentals of Reading and Writing MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) provided through Wake Technical Community College
English & Revising/Editing
- Sentence Skills Study Guide provided by Aims Community College
- ACCUPLACER Writing Practice Questions provided by Test Prep Review
- Online Math Tutorials (basic arithmetic through basic algebra) provided by GCF LearnFree
- Introductory Algebra Review MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) provided through Wake Technical Community College
- Arithmetic Study Guide provided by Aims Community College
- Elementary Algebra Study Guide provided by Aims Community College
- College Level Math Study Guide provided by Aims Community College
- Online Math Pre-Assessment Videos provided by Community College of Aurora
Screen Reader Accessible documents for the Aims Community College materials (Reading, Sentence Skills, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, and College Level Math) are available.
- Microsoft Office Tutorials provided by GCF LearnFree
For other free online computer tutorials, please visit GCF LearnFree.