Writing Center Appointments
We are very excited to offer 24/7 online tutoring service provided by Tutor.com available to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students. To get connected to a live tutor, go to the Blackboard class site for which you need tutoring, select Course Tools from the menu on the left-hand side of the page, and select the Tutor.com link.
Tutor.com connects you with expert online tutors who can help you with:
- Math – Algebra, Algebra II, Basic Math, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Advanced Statistics , Trigonometry (24/7)
- Science – Basic, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology (24/7)
- Business – Accounting, Finance, Economics (4:00 p.m. – 1:00 a.m.)
- English, Writing, Vocabulary, Grammar, Literature – Including real-time writing help (24/7)
- Social Studies-US History, World History, Government, Geography (24/7)
- Nursing-Medical-Surgical, Nursing Care Plans, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology (8:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. Sunday-Thursday)
- Spanish (24/7)
- Basic Computer (24/7)
You also have access to educational tools and study resources such as:
- Study tools and lessons
- Test prep materials
- Instructional videos
The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled PC or Mac, and even from your smartphone or tablet. As long as you have access to the Internet, you will have access to a tutor when and where you need one.
To get connected to a live tutor: The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled computer or mobile device by signing on to Blackboard. Once logged in, Tutor.com can be accessed through each of your Blackboard classes by selecting ‘Course Tools’ in the course menu and selecting Tutor.com. Once selected, you will be connected to a landing page where you can select the subject and view the remaining minutes you have left available to you for the semester. Please do not use the link in Course Tools from one class to receive tutoring for another.
Each RCCC curriculum student is given 5 hours of online tutoring at the beginning of each semester. If more time is needed, please contact Deanna Dixon. Additional time will be awarded on an as needed basis one time per semester.
How it Works Guide
Please click below to view the “How it Works” guide.