We are pleased that you wish to continue your education here at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, and will assist you in this goal within our resources and governmental guidelines.
About the Financial Aid Office
The financial aid office is currently sending correspondence to students via email. Please check your email account regularly. A college education is a major investment. However, it is an investment of time, dedication and money that will seem small when you calculate the “profits” such an education makes possible. The Financial Aid Office exists to serve students by helping to reduce the financial barriers to educational goals.
We accomplish this through:
- Identifying and coordinating available financial resources;
- Collecting, organizing, and processing financial data;
- Educating students about our financial aid process; and
- Providing additional online resources regarding financial aid and related subjects.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
The application process takes time and planning, so we encourage you to complete it as early as possible.
To apply for financial aid, complete the steps listed below:
- First, be sure that you have completed and submitted the application for admission to RCCC.
- Complete the FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online using your federal tax information from the prior tax year.
- 7 Step video to assist in completing the FAFSA.
- If you did not file a tax return or had other sources of income, you will need to collect your information about the untaxed income.
- This may include income such as: child support (paid or received), non-educational VA benefits, other income received or paid on your behalf, etc. to complete your FAFSA.
- Be sure to list the RCCC ‘s school code in the college section of the FAFSA.
- For assistance completing the FAFSA, you may visit or contact the Financial Aid staff with specific questions. We have two offices, one on both the North and South Campus. North Campus office is located in the 100 building and the South Campus office is located in the 1000 building.
Once both the admissions application and the FAFSA have been submitted the remaining steps for RCCC acceptance and financial aid eligibility must be completed.
Financial Aid Supported Services
Programs and Scholarships
After completing your FAFSA and submitting all requested verification documents to the financial aid office, students may be eligible for:
- Federal & State Financial Aid
- Veterans Affairs
- Federal Work Study
- Child Care Application 2013-2014
- Federal Direct Stafford Student Loan
- Foundation Scholarships
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy for Financial Aid Students
Students are only allowed to attempt a limited number of credit hours under federal financial aid guidelines. Credits may include college, transfer credits, remedial credits and all other credits attempted at RCCC. All students receiving aid must successfully complete a minimum of 67 percent and a minimum 2.0 GPA of cumulative credit hours attempted in order to continue receiving financial aid funds.