Financial Aid Essentials
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply for Financial Aid
The application process takes time and planning, so we encourage you to complete it as early as possible.
To apply for financial aid, complete the steps listed below:
Rowan-Cabarrus’ federal school code is 005754
- Be sure that you have completed and submitted the application for admission to Rowan-Cabarrus.
- Complete the FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online using your federal tax information from the prior two years. Example: 2019-2020, use 2017 income tax information.
- If you did not file a tax return or had other sources of income, you will need to collect your information about the untaxed income.
- This may include income such as: child support (paid or received), non-educational VA benefits, other income received or paid on your behalf, etc. to complete your FAFSA.
- Be sure to list the Rowan-Cabarrus school code in the college section of the FAFSA.
- For assistance completing the FAFSA, you may visit or contact the Financial Aid staff with specific questions. We have two offices, one on both the North and South Campus. North Campus office is located in the 100 building and the South Campus office is located in the 1000 building.
- If you are selected for the verification process and need to submit a Tax Return Transcript to the financial aid office, please choose one of the following options:
- To order a transcript by phone: Call 1-800-908-9946, Select Option 2, Enter ( requested year) Ex: 2017
- To order a transcript online: www.irs.gov Select: Order a Tax Return Transcript, Select Option 3
- To link your FAFSA to IRS: www.fafsa.ed.gov Open your account, select: make corrections, link to IRS
- To print a transcript: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
Once both the admissions application and the FAFSA have been submitted the remaining steps for Rowan-Cabarrus acceptance and financial aid eligibility must be completed.