Student Wellness Center
Professional counseling and support services are provided to students in the areas of personal, academic, crisis and accessible food/resource pantry on campus.The staff is comprised of trained counselors who are qualified to help individuals assess and understand their personal issues, abilities, aptitudes, interests, and other characteristics. Counseling services are confidential and are focused to promote the growth and success of the individual.
The counseling program is an integral part of the teaching and learning process. Counseling services are provided through the comprehensive work of the Student Wellness Center and are available on every campus upon request.
The staff is comprised of trained counselors who are qualified to help individuals assess and understand their personal issues, abilities, aptitudes, interests, and other characteristics.
- Title IX Confidential Source on campus
- Access Food/Resource Pantry on campus
- Counseling support for personal issues such as depression, anxiety, grief, etc.
- Time management and stress management techniques
- Work/Life balance
- Relationship concerns with faculty, staff and students
- Social skills development
- Conflict and confrontation resolution
- Referral and information to community resources
- Academic Counseling: Study skills, test taking strategies, test anxiety, learning styles
- Decision-making skills
- Crisis intervention
- Financial challenges
Accessing Counseling Support Services at Rowan-Cabarrus
- Make an appointment in person at the Student Services reception area at either campus.
- Call 704-216-RCCC (7222) and ask to speak to Misty Moler.
- Referral to Student Assistance Program: college sponsored benefits that offers free services to enrolled students and immediate family members 24/7/365. Counseling, legal services, financial services and online services can also be accessed by calling 800-633-3353.
- Faculty can facilitate access to services by sending an electronic referral to email@example.com or by bringing a student to the reception area or providing the Student Wellness Center contact information.
- Referrals: Counselors maintain comprehensive referral resource information. Examples include: Mental Health Services (Rowan Co. 704-637-9301), or (Cabarrus Co. 800-939-5911); Family Crisis Council (Rowan Co. 704-636-4718); Domestic Violence Victims Assistance (Cabarrus Co. 704-788-2826); and many others.
- Student Wellness Staff are accessible:
- North & South Campuses: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
- NCRC 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 Tuesday
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment at the campus most convenient for you.
- All counseling support services are confidential.