Career & Academic Advising
Office of Accessibility
About Career and Academic Advising
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College considers academic and career advising essential to student success. The goal of Career and Academic Advising is to assist and support students in exploring their educational goals, learning about academic requirements, and progressing toward degree completion. As a new or returning student, it’s important to build a relationship with an academic advisor. An advisor can help you create an academic plan by helping you select appropriate courses and create a class schedule for fall, spring, or summer semesters. An advisor can help you achieve your academic goals.
Our mission is to promote student success by empowering students to take responsibility for achieving their educational and career goals.
Advisors can assist you in the following ways:
- Plan a path to academic success;
- Provide general information on special services including academic remediation, admission, placement testing, courses of study and registration;
- Interpret placement test scores and recommend appropriate classes;
- Work with students on schedules, drop/adds, withdrawals, change of major, waivers, graduation requirements, etc.;
- Explain the transfer process and transferring courses to and from Rowan-Cabarrus;
Want to learn more? If so, meeting with an advisor can be simple.
Not Sure What Program is Right for You?
Find local job opportunities, data on wages, career paths, and market trends for hundreds of careers.
Meeting With an Advisor
Career and Academic Advisors are available to meet with you throughout the year – not just at registration time. We meet with students on a walk in basis or we can schedule an appointment. Most importantly, to assist our new students with their transition to college we have developed our Goals, Planning and Success (GPS) session.
Be Prepared Before You Visit
- Write down any questions you may have.
- If you have taken a placement test and this is your first semester please have your test scores with you.
- Read your college catalog. Be familiar with the courses and requirements for your degree.
North Campus – 100 Building 1333 Jake Alexander Blvd. South Salisbury, NC 28146 South Campus – 1000 Building 1531 Trinity Church Road Concord, NC 28027
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Need More Information?
Contact the Career and Academic Advisors at email@example.com.