About Work-Based Learning
Work-Based Learning (WBL/Internships) is an academic program designed to give students valuable work experience while attending Rowan-Cabarrus. Students blend classroom theories into practice as they spend one or more semesters in a company or organization related to their area of study and career goals.
Education + Work Experience = Successful Employment
Experience the Future
In Work-Based Learning students will:
- Receive academic credit;
- Gain career-related work experience;
- Explore career possibilities;
- Increase marketability after graduation;
- Use specialized facilities and state-of-the-art equipment on the job;
- Find paid or unpaid positions in their field of study;
- Build an impressive resume and collection of references; and
- Experience the future!