Work-Based Learning Courses
Work-Based Learning Student of the Year
Congratulations to the Rowan-Cabarrus Community Colleges 2018-2019 Work-Based Learning (WBL) Student of the Year, Alex Myers!
Here are some of Alex’s accomplishments this past year:
- 4-time intern.
- Won Skills USA 2018 state competition for major appliance and refrigeration technology.
- Placed 5th in the nation at Skills USA nationals for major appliance and refrigeration technology.
- Member of phi theta kappa honor society.
- President of the Construction technologies club and the ASHREA club.
- Interned with UNCC and offered a position there.
- Recently accepted a position at Sterilelink Inc. as a Biomedical Technology Service Technician working on cryogenic freezers, surgical beds, Reverse osmosis water purifiers, autoclaves, and steam boilers.