Work-Based Learning Courses
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2019 Internships which will begin on January 7, 2019 and end on May 8, 2019. Please visit us soon! If you are currently employed, please contact us soon to find out how you can earn academic credit by using your job as an internship!
We are located:
Cabarrus Business & Technology Center
660 Concord Parkway N. Concord, 28027 Room #9246
First come first serve!
New Internship Opportunities!
1. Welding Students needed! The nation’s leading producer of construction materials is looking for a plant maintenance intern (preferable with a welding background) that is hard working, has a positive attitude and is self-motivated. Room for advancement. Top performing interns will be offered full-time/part-time positions upon completion of the internship, based on the student’s academic availability. Concord, N.C. From May 2018—Ongoing
2. Paid Maintenance Tech Trainee Intern – Intern will gain working knowledge and familiarity with basic preventative maintenance work ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is fully executed. Shadow and support Technicians called to sort calls; and will train on diagnoses of a failure and making required repairs. Will learn to develop personal knowledge of proper basic troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical and control system problems. Will learn to develop personal knowledge of operation and troubleshooting techniques for the bar code readers, all components of the SWAK network, and the incompatible and scan tunnel dimensioning equipment. Will learn and use the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports. May be required to intern flexible schedules. May include Saturdays and Sundays.
3. Paid Tax Preparation Internship for Rowan-Cabarrus Accounting and Business Administration Students – The largest Tax Service franchise in the Charlotte area, with offices in Concord and Kannapolis, is looking for new tax preparers for the upcoming tax season. They are looking for student interns that are personable and who love to learning new things. To qualify, students will need take a tax preparation course free to RCCC students! The course teaches students how to prepare personal and small business (Schedule C) tax returns and gives basic instruction on how to prepare Capital Gain and Loss returns (Schedule D) and rental property (Schedule E) returns. Classes will begin mid- September and will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours each day (morning or evening classes). The internship will run from January to May 2019.
4. Job Lead. Generator Sales Position. Base and Bonus pay included. The Lead Generator position primary responsibility is to generate and schedule quality HVAC leads by identifying potential Customers through open, friendly dialogue to establish a sales appointment. A Lead Generator also provides information and materials and explains the benefits of products and services. Lead Generator’s consult with customers showing the value of replacing their existing heating and cooling unit(s), gathering all pertinent information needed to qualify them and schedule an appointment. With a minimum of 20 hours to a maximum of 30 hours worked each week every Lead Generator must achieve is 25 qualified leads per week at least five (5) quality lead per day. Base Pay and Bonus Pay.
5. Local employer searching for an administrative and marketing intern. Administrative intern – Duties include looking up property owners using public records software issued by the city. Entering property data to excel spreadsheet. Making phone calls with provided scripts and making appointments to view the properties. Possible travel to the courthouse to obtain estate records and to search for properties. Training will be provided and gas will be included for travel. Marketing Intern – Duties include creating and posting marketing material to Instagram and Facebook and preparing/maintaining weekly posts. The intern will also create flyers and make phone calls. Mailing letters and postcards and other admin work as needed. Spring semester 2019 (January 8, 2019 to May 3, 2019). Business located in Concord, NC.
For details, please contact Hanif Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org).