Work-Based Learning Courses
World of Work Class (WBL 110)
Are you looking to improve your employability skills to help you in your job search? If so, the World of Work traditional and online courses cover the basic knowledge necessary for gaining and maintaining employment! Topics include job search skills, meeting employer expectations, leadership and human relations.
Upon Completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explore and understand the world of work.
- Assess individual needs, interest, values and abilities and apply them when making a career choice.
- Write a job-winning resume and cover letter.
- Become proficient in employment-seeking strategies.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner during an interview.
- Demonstrate leadership and exceptional workplace etiquette.
- Successfully make the transition from school to an internship, apprenticeship, a four-year college or a career!