About the Tutoring Center
The Tutoring Center is a comprehensive academic support center focused on helping students succeed. The Tutoring Center offers tutoring services in business, English, foreign languages, math, sciences, technology and writing. All tutoring services are free for Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students and are available online and in-person by appointment. Drop-ins are welcome in-person, but space is not guaranteed without an appointment.
The Tutoring Center will be open both on-campus and online for the summer semester beginning Monday, May 16th! Please use the links in the menu to schedule an appointment. Make sure to select the location of your choice–North, South, or Online. Watch our video tutorial, How to Book an Appointment with the Tutoring Center for assistance. See our Tutoring Schedule webpage for more details!
In addition, Tutor.com, our 24/7 online tutoring partner, is available to students for assistance on nights and weekends and is accessible through a link in Course Tools in your Blackboard course. See our Virtual Tutoring webpage for more information.
What your classmates are saying…
- “Without the tutoring center, this semester would have been very difficult for me. Thank you for placing these wonderful teachers here as a big asset at RCCC.”
- “It was a great first-time experience. The staff are very helpful and welcoming, making me feel comfortable during the session.”
- “Everyone was super nice and helpful and didn’t judge you for not knowing the information.”
- “I am so glad that I am able to use this to my advantage. I will use this again and again. Thank you!”
- “I enjoy every moment of tutoring.”
- “As an adult student going back to college, I have Greatly Appreciated the library and the tutoring center.”
- “For the first time coming to this campus for tutoring, I didn’t exactly know what to expect. But the people were very understanding and encouraging. I feel so much better about my paper now.”
- “I had an awesome time at the center. We reviewed everything I needed and more!”
Foreign Language Tutoring
The center provides tutoring to all Rowan-Cabarrus Community College curriculum foreign language students.
Math & Sciences Tutoring
The Tutoring Center provides individualized tutoring for curriculum students enrolled in math and science-related courses. Student computers are available in the center as well as calculators.
Business & Technologies Tutoring
Technologies tutoring is available in the Tutoring Center with individualized assistance in the following curriculum areas:
- Accounting (all levels)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Blackboard Navigation
- Business Math, Finance & Law
- E-text Navigation
- Information Technology
- Office Administration
- Medical Office Administration
- Microsoft Office (all levels)
Reading & Writing Tutoring
The Tutoring Center assists students with comprehension, enhancing vocabulary, and drawing inferences from written material. Tutors help students improve reading skills by reviewing knowledge of reading through context clues and finding the main idea. Assistance with reading skills is available for all courses.
Writing tutors provide services to assist students with any course-related writing, including business correspondence, compositions, essays, proposals, research papers, and reports. The center provides individualized instruction for problem areas in grammar, organization, punctuation, research, rhetorical modes, and wording and works with students to build skills in proofreading and learning how to avoid future errors. You can participate in a writing session for any written coursework, no matter the subject!
Writing students are referred to the center by their instructors at the beginning of each semester. Students must initiate the tutoring process by scheduling an appointment through Teams.
Kaplan Admissions Test Tutoring
We have tutors who can help with the Reading, Math and Science sections of the Kaplan test. Students can make an appointment using the Teams link. Simply choose “Kaplan Test Prep – MATH” or “Kaplan Test Prep – WRITING/READING” to make an appointment with the appropriate tutor.
Please note that if you make an appointment and do not attend the tutoring session, you will be counted as a “no-show.” Multiple “no-shows” will result in you losing access to the Rowan-Cabarrus Tutoring Center; Tutor.com (on-demand tutoring) will remain available.