Our tutors are still online during the Fall semester.
You’ll find them in the Tutoring Center course located in Blackboard.
Visit the RCCC YouTube channel for a video that will walk you through connecting with a tutor. The link, “Connect with a Tutor” is below.
Writing Center Appointments
About the Tutoring Center
The Tutoring Centers on North, South, and CBTC campuses will be closed indefinitely as the College is taking precautionary measures regarding the coronavirus situation. Rowan-Cabarrus staff tutors will still be available remotely to meet with students one-on-one. You can access our tutors and their schedules by visiting the Tutoring-Center course under My Courses in Blackboard. Detailed instructions for tutoring remotely will be available there and are included below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any immediate questions or concerns.
The Tutoring Center is a comprehensive academic support center focused on helping students succeed. The Tutoring Center offers tutoring services in biotechnology, business, English, foreign languages, math, sciences, technology and writing. All tutoring services are free for Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students and are available online and by appointment.
What your classmates are saying…
- “Without the tutoring center, this semester would have been very difficult for me. Thank you for placing these wonderful teachers here as a big asset at RCCC.”
- “It was a great first-time experience. The staff are very helpful and welcoming, making me feel comfortable during the session.”
- “Everyone was super nice and helpful and didn’t judge you for not knowing the information.”
- “I am so glad that I am able to use this to my advantage. I will use this again and again. Thank you!”
- “I enjoy every moment of tutoring.”
- “As an adult student going back to college, I have Greatly Appreciated the library and the tutoring center.”
- “For the first time coming to this campus for tutoring, I didn’t exactly know what to expect. But the people were very understanding and encouraging. I feel so much better about my paper now.”
- “I had an awesome time at the center. We reviewed everything I needed and more!”
Foreign Language Tutoring
The center provides tutoring to all Rowan-Cabarrus Community College curriculum foreign language students. No appointment is necessary.
Math & Sciences Tutoring
The Tutoring Center provides individualized tutoring for curriculum students enrolled in math and science-related courses. Student computers are available in the center as well as calculators. Students receive assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointment is necessary. Tutoring for MAT 171/071 and MAT 152/052 will take place on South Campus in Bldg. 2000, Rm. 2304 and on North Campus in Bldg. 300, Rm. 214.
Business & Technologies Tutoring
Technologies tutoring is available in the Tutoring Center with individualized assistance in the following curriculum courses with no appointment necessary:
- Accounting (all levels)
- Business Math
- Business Finance
- Business Law
- Information Technology
- Office Administration
- Medical Office Administration
- Microsoft Office (all levels)
- Management and Leadership
Reading & Writing Tutoring
The Tutoring Center assists students with comprehension, enhancing vocabulary and word attack skills and drawing inferences from written material. Tutors help students improve reading skills by reviewing knowledge of reading through context clues and finding the main idea. Assistance with reading skills is available for all courses. Appointments are not necessary.
Writing tutors provide services to assist students with any course-related writing to include business correspondence, compositions, essays, proposals, research papers, and reports. The center provides individualized instruction for problem areas in grammar, organization, punctuation, research, rhetorical modes, and wording and works with students to build skills in proofreading and learning how to avoid future errors.
Writing students are referred to the center by their instructors at the beginning of each semester. Students must initiate the tutoring process by scheduling an appointment through Meeting Spaces in the Tutoring Center course in Blackboard.