The Tutoring Center offers in-person tutoring at the North and South Campuses on Monday – Thursday. Our hours are 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and the subjects available are math, writing, science, business and technology, and foreign language.
In an effort to facilitate a safe return to campus for everyone, there will be some slight changes to what tutoring in person will look like.
- All sessions will be one-on-one with a tutor. If you’d prefer a group tutoring session, we can schedule one for you online. Just email email@example.com with your information.
- We encourage all students to have an appointment, so we can control the capacity. Use the Book a North Campus Session or Book a South Campus Session link to view tutors’ availability and to schedule your session at the appropriate location.
- Tutor and student pairs will remain socially distant from other groups in the center, and plastic partitions will be utilized, when possible, to provide a safe barrier between individuals if distancing is not an option.
- Please have your student id number or student id card to swipe in when you arrive and swipe out when you leave.
- As always, come prepared with any course materials, and be sure to check out our Student & Tutor Expectations before arriving.
Tips for Scheduling an Appointment at North or South Campus:
- When using the scheduling links, make sure to choose North or South Campus based on your preferred location. You will be asked to verify that you can attend at that location before you submit the appointment request.
- Use your student email address, so we can communicate with you if needed.
- Make sure to include the course and subject/topic you need assistance with during your session.
- You will receive a confirmation email. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please do so using the link in that email.
If you schedule an appointment and do not attend the session, you will be considered a “no-show.” Multiple “no-shows” will result in you losing access to tutoring at the Rowan-Cabarrus Tutoring Center; Tutor.com (on-demand tutoring) will remain available.
We will also offer tutoring for Information Technology (IT) courses in-person at CBTC in Rm. 9202 (Fall & Spring Semesters only). No appointment is required, and all safety measures noted above will be in place. Please see the Tutoring Schedule page for days and times available.