The Tutoring Center offers in-person tutoring at the North and South Campuses on Monday – Thursday. Our hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and the subjects available are math, writing, science, business and technology, and foreign language.
- All sessions will be one-on-one with a tutor. On occasion, students who are working on similar subjects or in the same course may be grouped together. In addition, a tutor may be asked to work with more than one student at a time.
- We encourage all students to have an appointment, so we can ensure time with a tutor. Use the Book a North Campus Session or Book a South Campus Session link to view tutors’ availability and to schedule your session at the appropriate location.
- Please have your student id number or student id card to swipe in when you arrive and swipe out when you leave.
- As always, come prepared with any course materials, and be sure to check out our Student & Tutor Expectations before arriving.
Tips for Scheduling an Appointment at North or South Campus:
- When using the scheduling links, make sure to choose North or South Campus based on your preferred location. You will be asked to verify that you can attend at that location before you submit the appointment request.
- Use your student email address, so we can communicate with you if needed.
- Make sure to include the course and subject/topic you need assistance with during your session.
- You will receive a confirmation email. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please do so using the link in that email.
If you schedule an appointment and do not attend the session, you will be considered a “no-show.” Multiple “no-shows” will result in you losing access to tutoring at the Rowan-Cabarrus Tutoring Center; Tutor.com (on-demand tutoring) will remain available.
We will not be offering a set tutoring schedule at CBTC for Fall 2023. We encourage all CBTC students interested in tutoring to sign up for an online tutoring session or travel to South Campus, if possible. If travel is not an option, please email the Director, Deanna Dixon (firstname.lastname@example.org), to determine if alternative arrangements can be made.