In addition to our on-campus availability, Rowan-Cabarrus staff tutors are also available remotely to meet with students one-on-one via Microsoft Teams. You can access our tutors and their schedules by visiting the Book an Online Session link. Please email email@example.com with any immediate questions or concerns.
How to decide which kind of virtual tutoring you need
Teams – Connect with Rowan-Cabarrus Tutors
- Connect with a Tutor via Teams
- How it Works: Tutoring with Teams Guide
- How it Works: Tutoring with Teams Guide -Text Only
- Download the Teams App
- Meet the Tutors
Rowan-Cabarrus tutors are still available to meet one-on-one for virtual sessions. Students can make an appointment and check tutor schedules using the Bookings link above. There is no limit to tutoring sessions scheduled through Bookings, so we encourage students to use that before signing on to the Tutor.com service.
We are very excited to offer 24/7 online tutoring service provided by Tutor.com available to Rowan-Cabarrus Community College students. To get connected to a live tutor, go to the Blackboard class site for which you need tutoring, select Course Tools from the menu on the left-hand side of the page, and select the Tutor.com link. (Some courses may include an Online Tutoring link in the course menu in place of Course Tools.) Students now have the option of connecting to a tutor with voice-chat capabilities.
Each Rowan-Cabarrus curriculum student is given a set amount hours of online tutoring at the beginning of each semester. (Hours may vary by semester, so please see your Tutor.com dashboard for more details.) If more time is needed, please contact Deanna Dixon. Additional time will be awarded on an as-needed basis one time per semester and is often one additional hour.
Tutor.com connects you with expert online tutors who can help you with:
- Math — Basic Math, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Geometry, Statistics, Advanced Statistics, Trigonometry, Finite Math, Discrete Math, Symbolic Logic, Linear Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, Quantitative Methods
- Science — General Science, Earth Science, Biology, Organic Chemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology, Physical Science
- Business — Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Law, Management, Medical Coding
- English — Writing, Vocabulary, Grammar, Literature – Including real-time writing help
- Social Sciences — US History, World History, Government, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology
- Nursing — Medical-Surgical, Nursing Care Plans, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, Advanced Writing, Organic Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, Allied Health, Healthcare Administration, Health Services, Evidence-Based Practice, Epidemiology, Clinical Assessment, Clinical Management, Acute Care, Primary Care
- Foreign Language — Spanish, French
- Computer Science & Programming — Introductory Computer Science, C++, Java, Web Design (HTML, CSS PHP), Python, Database Systems (SQL), Microsoft Systems (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access)
You also have access to educational tools and study resources such as:
- Study tools and lessons
- Test prep materials
- Instructional videos
The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled PC or Mac, and even from your smartphone or tablet. As long as you have access to the Internet, you will have access to a tutor when and where you need one.
To get connected to a live tutor: The tutoring service can be accessed from any Internet-enabled computer or mobile device by signing on to Blackboard. Once logged in, Tutor.com can be accessed through each of your Blackboard classes by selecting “Course Tools” in the course menu and selecting Tutor.com. (Some courses may include an Online Tutoring link in the course menu in place of Course Tools.) Once selected, you will be connected to a landing page where you can select the subject and view the remaining minutes you have left available to you for the semester. Please do not use the link in Course Tools from one class to receive tutoring for another.
If you have questions or need assistance logging into your account, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Deanna Dixon, Tutoring Services Director, email@example.com.
“How it Works” Guide
Virtual Study Groups
Virtual Study Groups, our new service, is available now! Simply email the Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of up to 4 participants, your class, and the date and time you’d like to meet. We’ll match you with a tutor who will create the meeting and email you to confirm the Study Group.