Whether you are a new student, a current student or a community member, RCCC’s Testing Centers offer a professional setting for you to take your exams. We are committed to providing you with quality proctoring support from qualified and fully trained staff. Through our Testing Centers, we offer many different testing and assessment services, including:
- Placement Testing: Testing for skill levels ensures placement into appropriate initial courses.
- Academic Testing: At the instructor’s discretion, if you are enrolled in online, hybrid or independent study courses or if you need to take a make-up exam, you may take your tests in one of our Testing Centers.
- Distance Proctoring Services for other institutions: RCCC will proctor tests for students who take correspondence, continuing education or distance learning courses from other colleges and universities. There is a $20.00 proctoring fee per test.
- GED Testing: Earn your GED at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College.
- High Stakes/Professional Testing: Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is an authorized testing site for Pearson-VUE.
- Credit For Prior Learning: The RCCC Testing Center is now offering the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) and DSST (Dantes) exams. These exams allow you to earn college credit and complete your degree faster. CLEP and DANTES are done by an appointment basis only.
General Testing Center Policies
- All testing requires a government-issued photo ID or a current RCCC Student ID Card.
- Schedule an appointment if you are planning on taking the Accuplacer, CSP, TEAS for RCCC Nursing Students, MOS or IC3.
- For academic testing, you must know your course name and number, and the instructor’s name.
- Make-up exams, as well as online and hybrid classes must begin no later than one hour before closing.
- All books, bags, purses, backpacks and electronic devices must be stored in a Testing Center locker.
- All cell phones must be turned off and placed in a locker.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Centers during testing.
- All tests must be taken in one sitting and returned to the proctor before leaving the Testing Center.