Whether you are a new student, a current student, or a community member, Rowan-Cabarrus’ Testing Centers offer a professional setting for you to take your exams. We currently have Testing Centers at both our North and South Campus locations. We are committed to providing you with quality proctoring support from qualified and fully trained staff. Through our Testing Centers, we offer many different testing and assessment services, including:
- Placement Testing: Testing for skill levels ensures placement into appropriate initial courses.
- Academic Testing: At the instructor’s discretion, if you are enrolled in online, hybrid or independent study courses or if you need to take a make-up exam, you may take your tests in one of our Testing Centers.
- Proctoring Services: RCCC will proctor tests for students who take correspondence, continuing education, or distance learning courses from other colleges and universities. There is a $20.00 proctoring fee per test for community members. Currently enrolled Rowan-Cabarrus students who need proctoring for other schools receive the student rate of $10.00 per test.
- High School Equivalency Testing: Earn your High School Equivalency Diploma at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. We currently offer the GED testing through Pearson VUE and the HiSET through ETS.
- High Stakes/Professional Testing: Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is an authorized testing site for Pearson-VUE.
- Credit For Prior Learning: The RCCC Testing Center is now offering the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) and DSST exams. These exams allow you to earn college credit and complete your degree faster. CLEP and DSST are done by an appointment basis only.
If you have questions or require further information regarding testing, please feel free to contact Kathy Hall (email@example.com, 704-216-3468), Director of Testing Centers.
Special Arrangements for Accommodated Testing
The Testing Centers are committed to ensuring all students have equal access to all forms of testing offered at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. If you have a documented disability, reasonable testing accommodations can be provided with advanced notice. No variation of the placement exam can be made without prior approval. Please meet with a Disability Services Counselor prior to scheduling any testing or assessment services, as you might be eligible to receive such accommodations.
General Testing Center Policies
- All testing requires a valid government-issued photo ID (temporary certificates are not acceptable) or a current RCCC Student ID Card. Each testing vendor may have different requirements for acceptable identification, so please feel free to contact us if you are unsure if your identification will be acceptable.
- All tests require an appointment. You must arrive on time for your scheduled appointment.
- For academic testing, you must know your course name and number, and the instructor’s name.
- All books, bags, purses, backpacks, hats, smart watches and electronic devices must be stored in a Testing Center locker.
- All cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off when placed in a locker.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Centers during testing.
- All tests must be taken in one sitting and paper tests must be returned to the proctor before leaving the Testing Center.
- Please be aware that the Testing Center rooms are equipped with video surveillance for monitoring of test-takers and test security purposes.