Student Wellness Center
Food & Resource Pantry
To create an inclusive and safe environment by informing and educating campus members who are supportive of all individuals regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- To create a safe environment for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning (LGBTQ) students at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (RCCC).
- To educate and inform students, faculty and staff of LGBTQ issues and concerns.
- To retain LGBTQ students at Rowan-Cabarrus.
- To refer students to appropriate resources for LGBTQ issues and concerns.
- To offer visible support to LGBTQ students at Rowan-Cabarrus.
The Safe Zone symbol is a visible symbol of support and acceptance by individuals who are committed to creating an environment of safety and support for individuals who identify as LGBTQ. The presence of this symbol signifies that the individual has completed training through Student Services and has signed the Safe Zone Ally Agreement.
All Safe Zone Allies must complete a Safe Zone Training session. This is a training open to all (staff, faculty & students) who wish to become more educated on LGBTQ issues and concerns. Once the training has been completed and the agreement form signed, Safe Zone Allies will receive a decal that they are to place on their door/office to visibly identify themselves to members of the campus community as a Safe Zone Ally. These trainings are offered once a semester. Anyone interested in completing this training should contact Joanne Rusnak.