Financial Aid

After Receiving Financial Aid FAQs


If I have money left from my award and don’t attend during the summer, does that money carry over to the next fall?

No. The award is for the academic year that you applied for only. If you do not use it all during that year, you never get the unused portion.

Do I have to repay any financial aid funds?

Generally, grants and scholarships do not have to be repaid. You may be required to repay a portion of any Pell Grant and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) funds you received if you withdraw from school completely on or before the 60% point of the semester.

What if I change my program of study after I have been awarded Financial Aid?

You may not be eligible for financial aid depending on your new program of study. Please check with the Financial Aid Office to make sure your new program is still eligible for federal aid. If your new program is not eligible for federal aid, you will be responsible for paying back the amount you have charged against your financial aid account and/or received.

How can I view my Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU) percentage?

You can log on to the Federal Student Aid website using your FSA ID to view your LEU.

Will I have summer eligibility?

The Federal Pell Grant Program allows an eligible student to receive up to 150 percent of the student’s Federal Pell Grant scheduled award within an award year. This is known as “Year-Round Pell.” Year-Round Pell benefits a student that was enrolled full time in both the Fall and Spring terms and allows them to receive up to an additional full Federal Pell Grant for the Summer term. Students who have been enrolled full-time in both Fall and Spring semesters must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours) to have summer eligibility.  Please note, state grants are not funded for summer. If you have questions, contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.