Financial Aid Forms

Year Specific Forms

Completed forms can be mailed, faxed or hand delivered.

Verification Worksheet (Independent and Dependent) 2014-2015

Submit the form along with any other required documents.  Be sure to include all required signatures.

Other Forms

Signature Page

A signature is required from the student (and parent if dependent) in order to process a FAFSA electronically by a Financial Aid Administrator.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form

Financial Aid Student Academic Plan

Students whose aid is cancelled may appeal this decision ONLY if there are extenuating circumstances (medical or personal problems). To appeal, the student must complete the Financial Aid Warning Workshop located on Blackboard. In addition, return the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal and the Student Academic Plan Forms to the financial aid office.  All supporting documentation must be attached or the appeal form will not be accepted.

Bachelor’s Degree Verification Statement

If you indicated that you will have a Bachelor’s degree by July 1 on your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or will be working on a degree beyond a Bachelor’s degree. Complete this form to verify your status.

Child Support Paid Form 2014-2015

If you indicated on your FAFSA child support was paid by someone in your household; complete this form.

SNAP Benefits (formerly known as the Food Stamp Program) 2014-2015

This form certifies that you and/or a member of your household received benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP.

Statement of Educational Purpose 2014-2015

Signing this statement certifies that the federal student financial assistance you may receive will only be used for educational purposes and to pay the cost of attending Rowan-Cabarrus Community College

Loan Acceptance Form 2014-2015

This form is used to accept or change loan amounts requested.

Unusual Enrollment History Appeal Form 2014-2015

If you have been flagged for attending more than one institution while receiving Federal Student Aid. In order to request that your financial aid eligibility be reinstated, you must appeal using this form.

Commonly Requested Documents and Documentation

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Apply online and RCCC will receive your information electronically.
  • Income Tax Return and W-2s: If you did not keep a copy of your tax information contact your tax preparer or the IRS at 1.800.829.1040. Dependent students must submit a copy of all tax information required on the FAFSA both student and parents. Independent students must submit a copy of all tax information required on the FAFSA both student and spouse (if married).
  • Items Related to Proof of Financial Aid Independent Status: Students who are under the age of 24 may be required to submit proof of their independent status. Examples of independent proof are marriage certificate, child’s birth certificate, DD214 (U.S. military standard separation document), etc.
  • Items Related to Immigration Status: If your FAFSA did not match with the Department of Homeland Security, you may be required to submit additional immigration documents. Examples, passport, resident alien card, etc.
  • Selective Service: If you are required to provide proof that you registered with Selective Service, visit the Selective Service System Web site.
  • Social Security Benefits Statement: To request a Replacement SSA-1099, visit the Social Security Web site.
  • Social Security Card: The financial aid office may require a copy of your or your parent’s social security card.