- Childcare Lead Teacher
- Exceptional Children Assistant
- Family Childcare Provider
- Private In-home Care Giver
- Child Development Specialist
- Preschool Teacher
- Before and After School Counselor
- Public and Private School Instructional Assistant
- Parent Educator
- Early Childhood Administrator
- English Language Learner Assistant
Course work includes child growth and development; physical and nutritional needs of children; care and guidance of children; and communications skills with parents and children. Students will foster the cognitive/language, physical/motor, social/emotional, and creative development of young children.
The Rowan Cabarrus Community College Early Childhood Education program is accredited by NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children).
Upon completing an Associate in Applied Science degree in Early Childhood Education you will be prepared to execute principles of developmentally appropriate practices, while promoting leadership and administrative skills in an early learning environment birth through 3rd grade as well as after-school programs 5-12 years of age. Employment opportunities include but not limited to the workplace of early learning programs, public and private schools, Head Start Programs, and school-age programs.