National Bullying Awareness Prevention Month is October
October 1 - October 31
One Kind Word…
is a theme that shows how even the smallest of actions can break the bullying cycle.
In a world that can sometimes feel like it’s filled with negativity, one kind word can provide a moment of hope. It can be a turning point. It can change their day. It can change the course of a conversation and break the cycle of bullying.
Best of all, one kind word leads to another. Kindness fuels kindness. So from the playground to Parliament, and from our phones to our homes, together, our actions can fire a chain reaction that powers positivity.
It starts with one kind word. It starts today. Visit our resource guide for more resources on how to stop bullying.
National Bullying Prevention Month is an opportunity to:
- Encourage the nation to take action at the local level to create safe and supportive schools
- Offer information and education about how everyone can prevent bullying
- Provide a platform to hold school and community events
- Share information about the issue through news media, social media, videos, and print publications
- Speak with education and public policy leaders about their roles in bullying prevention
- Promote dialogue between educators, parents, and students on their roles in addressing and preventing bullying
- Invite organizations to share information about their bullying prevention resources
- Inspire everyone to unite for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion
- Help create a world without bullying